ZBrushCentral

GOR - The goblin pirate

detail, complete, magnificent.

Hey tes, incredible work, it’s rare that an image keep my attention for so long: instead of being distracted from the bg, I really dig the way you layered all those details from the fg to the bg! From the sculpt to shaders, textures, the attention to details is really great and every piece has it’s own story (the wooden leg for example… it’s not just a pice of wood, it’s THAT piece of wood, with those forms that tell me that story… hope you understand what I mean).
Btw, hard work but the finished piece has a quality that is very rare to find in a picture made just from one person, congrats buddy and top row for sure :wink:

alright… geek moment for a second. one of the most amazing things in this piece is that every thing in here is in the w.o.w. game somewhere. the blunderbuss, the teath, the fur, the bag he carries, the shoulder gaurd. these are all real pieces in the game. booty bay, the docks… even the spiders are in the game. Those are crystal spiders. the neclace hes wearing is an item in the game. The origin of the goblin characters in world of warcraft are pirates from booty bay. Traders. And the expression on his face down to his stance are straight out of the game. I mean for people that arent familliar with the game, this is a masterpiece, but if you are familliar with it, you could litterally look at this for hours and find new things that scream authenticity.

Work of this caliber NEEDS WIP images and maybe even a step-by-step or two concerning parts of your ZBrush process. :slight_smile: Very inspiring!

Aurick - tes3d started a work in progress thread a long time ago. its about 3 pages in on the top row gallery. it can be found here:
http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread.php?t=069401

keep rockin dude.

@aurick His WIP shots are already on the top row lol

hey guys,

thank you for your nice replys… im really happy u like the final piece…

thanks “jjvdb15” for posting the link above,where u can check the whole WIP process…

will try to tell you something more about this image - sorry for my english!

about the image:
the whole project was started 2 years ago…
original idea was to create a goblin with a murloc character behind and with a raptor as pet somewhere around Booty Bay - who play WOW will know what i mean.
how time went i spent more and more time on each part of the model and after some time i became “a bit” tired/bored from it and the amount of work to finish was crazy for me that time + had some classic personal duties - girlfriend,freelance jobs,“no creativity” time etc etc… so i continued with the Murloc creature as a solo character and put goblin for some time on side…my main goal with this character was to learn and try as many things as i could - first try of MR and the “easy” work with it,converting whole scene to Vray,cause with MR i was unable to render the resolution i wanted to get without a crash and other usual problems and after that return back to MR cause of superB skin shader and overall nice looking render - not such technical like Vray does…
But with time i wasnt happy with goblin so “tweaking” time came and i started redoing and repairing the character,textures,shaders,poses,weapons…simply almost everything… because of this this Goblin took such a long time till final image.

last 2 months i spent my freetime on the environment - had many ideas for this part,but after many tries i finished with my favourite “Thailand sea mountains” used in Avatar movie.
But as with goblin production process ,when i “burned my fingers” I started crazy detail time again with the environment :smiley: simply i love details and attention to every part of everything… so i was still tweaking,changing,tweaking,changing till i finished it.

as few of you guys wrote ,that u got problems with so many details and focusing at goblin - i really understand this problem.My goal with environment was to create a part of Warcraft universe and with everything as “mjolnir” wrote - spiders,equipment,swamp,hills,dragons etc etc…something what u can watch for a longer time than 5 minutes and still with a chance to find something new.

hope u understand :slight_smile:

BTW - currently working on a solo goblin picture with a dark background.
pictures like wires etc will post in next 2 days - if you are interested in seeing something,just write here or PM me and i will try to do it if it will be possible :slight_smile:

next week i wanna start work on Murloc creature again,than Diablo 3 Vessel demon and after that my “darker / demonic” version of Scorpion character bust from Mortal Kombat game which i started some time ago

some more goblins :slight_smile:

![goblin_final_BLACK2500s.jpg|1100x1600](upload://8EvA0MlZuwhgrfo9uK1uiEHhSlc.jpeg)![goblin_final_AOC2500s.jpg|1100x1600](upload://gMmi5xrqgpsSYLamAJojPH1vpPz.jpeg)

Attachments

goblin_final_BLACK2500s.jpg

goblin_final_AOC2500s.jpg

That is Utterly, Utterly Brilliant !!.. one of the best models / texturing / lighting chrs i have Ever seen on ZBC…

Very Inspiring mate… Fantastic Job!

Wow, good to see such art from one of my favorite ZBC artists again!
The goblin is amazing I love the sculpt and the insane/stylized detail

someone’s gotta top row this now please!

:wink:

Outstanding. The detail is mind boggling.

Top Row with a bullet! Congratulations.

The reality level is hallucinatory. Every poly has a creative micro-detail in the texture.

I’d be curious about the end level numbers, subdivision level, polys in the final, etc. Gotta take a real hog of a system to support the sculpt and render.

Dude this seriously kicks ass. Also the fact that it’s blizzard inspired is alright by me :smiley:

It’s awesome.

WOW! I’m totally blown away by this image!! Magnificent sculpt! I remember seeing this a while back in the work in progress thread… it’s awesome to see it completed now! Impressive detailing and superb rendering!!! TREMENDOUS WORK! :+1: Hats off to you!!

Tes3D. After viewing your WIP link, I bow before you. You do NOT have too much detail. I understand your style. Just to think the work you put into ‘each’ piece of your goblin, it’s inhuman what you do in 3D. I have combed the web and book stores for years. And every once in awhile I come across that ‘hu… a REAL artist’. And they have been far and few (I’m 45, so, I have seen lots of great art). The ‘grey’ images really show your raw talent Tes3D. How I wished I was a poet, to truely let you know how odd a talent you are my friend (aurick, and everyone else here knows what I am talking about). Please NEVER stop what you do. Best, Dragon.

STUNNING! The details you put into the goblin are amazing! So is the texture that brings it to life!

wow!!
Very beautiful and great stuff.
love her details and great texture

aw :+1:

It would be great to see him in action. Beautiful model.

I have been looking at this reply to thread screen for the past couple of minutes just to come up with the right word to describe my feelings, but I couldn’t. I guess my mind is blown away…