ZBrushCentral

GoMax

ok, could you try to do it manually? take the mesh from max, export it as obj, and import it in Zbrush. Tell me what happens!

Further to my last post:

Would be awesome if:

1. textures (diffuse, AO, etec…) were also sent.
  2. the ability to import several subtools into Max. Currently, if you GoMax a second object into the Max scene the original objects normal map gets overwritten.

Other than that, it works as advertised. And no crashes for me, on either end. Great work.

Matt

thnz Norman3D,:smiley:

If you could add the ability to tranfere textures(diff,spec,bump,cavity etc…) between the applications it would been perfect, but stilll thanz for the plug-ins is at huge time saver for my workflow because I do a’lot of rapidprototyping …
and no crash for me either;)

this script is great , but i use 3ds max 2009 64bit , i was possible to have this on 3ds max 2009 ?

Thanks

i have nothing to say but TAHNK YOU VERY MUCH NORMAN 3D!!! this is a great plugin man, you deserve a lot because of your great help for the community, thank you very much man, god bless you :wink:

Hi guys.

I got a hold of a max 9 and 2009 trial, so I have modified and tested the MAXscript on these versions. Might work on other versions too.

The main task of moving data back and forth with a single click works now, thanks to Normans bat and exe.

However I had to remove the material setup so no normal maps, and I still havent begun a workaround for letting the script set up the import and export dialog. Therefore the user must setup the Import and Export settings himself. I think it remebers last used settings, so export and import an obj for zbrush with good settings and then run the script.

Please tell me if anything else gets weird on the max side, I will see if I can find an appropriate method in the older versions to do what is done in the max 2010.

Again, you need the original installation to make it work, this is only an edit of the UI and functionality inside max.

Attachments

GoMax 1.2_update_bjorn_albihn.zip (2.82 KB)

Perfect! I may have an idea as to why the material setup does not work, but it’s easily fixable :stuck_out_tongue:

Also guys, we will most probably merge Björns tweaked version with the original one in the very near future :wink:

By the way… matcap export is coming! :cool:

Great work , now it’s work for 3dsmax 2009

thanks so much Norman3D and Björn Albihn - you are a genius :wink:

Thanks guys … really appreciate your work! :+1:

Just a question :

how would you proceed to add the icon to the 3dsmax toolbar ?

I read you readme, but i can’t find the Norman3d category : I guess it is normal, cause your script is not in the macroscript folder at launch so it can’t be in the customize list right ?

So how can I proceed ?

Thx !

First you would need to atleast run it once, through the Maxscript/run option.
Then you need to go to Customize/Customize User interface, hit the “toolbar” tab and then category “Norman3D”

OK thx it works perfectly !

One minor interface bug : the Gomax Button doesn’t check if the panel is already present so if you click 20 times, you have 20 panels :wink: .

Ok thanks! I think we will be removing that dialog in the future anyway and replace it with something better :wink:

simple question I night be overlooking something because its 4am here. Viewport displays nicely(as the directx shader has the the normals and such). Rendering in Max doesnt work. meening it renders the model but no other info(normal and Material) Do I have to add the normals in to a shader manually?

I’m aware of this. Will be fixed in the future, too. But you will need to render with mentalray, since it has a shader that supports spherical environment mapping.

Any chance a Softimage version of Goz might be in the works. I have tried the Goz in Max 2010 that Norman3D created and it works great. No more going through export menus just to export objs which in my opinion disrupts creativity. Although I am familiar with the Max interface I am just not feeling it. I am more of a Softimage user and I am much more comfortable working within Softimage. So if there are any Softimage scripters out there who would be willing to work with Norman3D on a Softimage Goz it would be greatly appreciated as I am not proficient enough in Softimage scripting. Anyone?

I’m also looking for a MEL scripter for Maya who is willing to join the team :slight_smile:

Hey 3DNorman :smiley:

Sorry not good at mel-script only actionscript if you can use that hehe…

but if I unwarp my UV externt in headus UV-layout and export it to 3d max again with gomax my UV is’not unwarp…strange seems to only work if i use internale UV like
PUV titles in zbrush etc…

I am seeing very similar issues to what C_J_E os seeing. Downloaded and installed GoMAX 1.2.

Max 2010 x64, service pack 1, hotfix. If I run both Max and zbrush 3.5r3 fresh, I can sometimes get one transfer to zbrush from Max. Other times it is erratic and won’t transfer anything to ZB on a fresh launch of both. As yet have not gotten anything back to Max without it crashing or two subsequent Max to Zbrush transfers. Any attempt to return zbrush to Max crashes Max. At a total loss, as my coworker with the same system (albeit a different config) is having no issues at all and I want to punch his face. :slight_smile:

Could you describe a bit more what happens on the Z-Brush side before the crash of 3dsMax happens?