ZBrushCentral

GoB: an unofficial GoZ for Blender.

Exact, the Blender API has changed :wink:

There is the new version for Blender 2.60.5 in attachments.
Just replace the ‘ext_GoB.pyc’ file (this is the same file for Mac and for Windows).ext_GoB_for_Blender2605.zip (5.36 KB)

Thanks for the quick fix! It seems to be working great now. :smiley:

wooo!

thankyou!

if its not working for you make sure you have python installed! At least that turned out to be my problem getting the GoZBlender–>zBrush to work. Now I am still having trouble getting models from zBrush–>Blender. I’m using Blender 2.59. Zbrush finds the path to Blender and everything, I click the GoZ button and it says the file is saved to disk ok, but when i go over to Blender there is nothing showing up. Any ideas how I can fix this?

EDIT!
I finally watched the video posted earlier in the thread and figured out what i was doing wrong. i simply hadn’t noticed that to import the model into Blender again I needed to click the other button in the header! :roll_eyes: oops!

I’m using Blender 2.60 and it’s works great! But- sometimes (everytime
 I tryed for 6 times) it brokes UV’s. for example- the whole Uv is fine, but there are some quards or tris are inverted ( the vertices wrong connected )
anyway, Thanks you! you’ve done a great work! Now I finally got easiest way to make re-topology
It works like its an official GoZ for Blender! Keep it up!

Hello AtlantiB,
I can not reproduce this problem. Can you post some screenshot or mesh?

With Blender 2.62, matrix indexing was changed to conform to standard notation.
So there is the update for GoB.
(Just replace the two files in the .zip)

On Blender side, a bonus:
Shift+click on the Blender icon to create a cavity layer for the selected mesh (it is a vertex color layer).
It is really really slow so use it only for static mesh!
You can use the ‘Dirty Vertex Colors’ too.
Select the vertex paint mode and select ‘Dirty Vertex Colors’ in the paint menu.

http://vimeo.com/36273593GoB_addon_262.zip (8.66 KB)

Thanks for your effort but I just can’t make it work. Can you please explain step by step what should I do with downloaded files and what changes I have to do t make it work on Win 7. Do I have to edit any of those files? Please help.

Cheers,
Zets

—edit
When I hit GoZ inside ZB Blender opens but nothing gets imported. When I hit GoZ again it just opens another Blender window (default scene). Inside Blender I don’t see that icon/button next to Blender icon/button.

Thank you for the plug-in Stunton. Very cool.

@ZETS:
Download the .zip file from post #36.
It contain the Blender add-on, and a directory with a text file for ZBrush. This “folder+file” simply add a Blender entry for GoZ inside ZBrush (to switch between GoZ apps).
The add-on is an add-on for Blender, copy it in you add-on directory.
Then install it inside Blender (‘File’->‘User preferences
’->‘Add-Ons’, and search for the ‘gob’ addon). Now you have two icon on the top bar (normally).
The ‘Brush icon’ is to send mesh to ZBrush automatically, but the second is to import from ZBrush manually after pressed the ‘GoZ’ button inside ZBrush. Zbrush do not open Blender!
It is not automatic for many reason (not compatible Mac, or too many folder scan, or too many Blender app opened, etc
)
I think it is better like that?!

The new ‘GoB_addon_262.zip’ in my previous post contain two file to replace the add-on to avoid a “mesh flip” when back to ZBrush.

Thanks a lot. Really, I mean it. I asked for this kind of solution at Novedge ZB Webinar few days ago and guy from Pixologic said that they don’t plan to release something similar any time soon/ever. And then I find this thread.

Cheers,
Zets

@Stunton
Thank you again greatly for maintaing this GREAT plugin/tool for all the Blender+ZBrush users.
thanks also for maintaing macosx compatability too :slight_smile:

Prior to seeing your response to Zets I had used the other way to install these scripts (not the ones from post # 36) I was able to get the little GoB Icon in the header bar or Blender but no Zbrush Icon.

I was able to change the path for 3D Max to get things sent to Blender (that worked for sending meshes). Once I saw your post responding to Zets I downloaded the files from post # 36 and attempted to install those.

I extracted the Zbrush file from the zip in post #36 into this path (per the accompanying text file): C:/Users/Public/Pixologic/GoZApps

I did not get the ‘Go Z’->‘Path to Blender’ when I checked in the Zbrush ‘Preference’

I then extracted the ‘Blender’ directory contents into: C:\Program Files (x86)\Blender\2.61\scripts\addons
and got this:

Note: I tried it twice and below are the error messages from the two attempts.

! C:\Users\Kit\Downloads\GoB_addon_v24 for Windows (1).zip: Cannot create folder GoB_addon_259
Access is denied.
! C:\Users\Kit\Downloads\GoB_addon_v24 for Windows (1).zip: Cannot create GoB_addon_259\ext_GoB.pyc
The system cannot find the path specified.
! C:\Users\Kit\Downloads\GoB_addon_v24 for Windows (1).zip: Cannot create GoB_addon_259_init_.py
! C:\Users\Kit\Downloads\GoB_addon_v24 for Windows (1).zip: Cannot create folder GoB_addon_259
Access is denied.
! C:\Users\Kit\Downloads\GoB_addon_v24 for Windows (1).zip: Cannot create GoB_addon_259\ext_GoB.pyc
! C:\Users\Kit\Downloads\GoB_addon_v24 for Windows (1).zip: Cannot create GoB_addon_259_init_.py

I still don’t have the Zbrush Icon in the header of Blender 2.61.

I’d just like to add, thank you VERY much for trying to get us a means to do GoZ (GoB) between Blender-Zbrush.

Ezra

I cannot upload more than one HD video by week, so I think I need to create some text documentation (pdf).
But it is more complicated for me, so wait some days for it.

For Mac user you need to edit the ini.py filet to replace the line 44 and 210:
line 44:
replace
pathGoZ = “C:/Users/Public/Pixologic” #<- for Windows
by
pathGoZ = “/Users/Shared/Pixologic” #<- for Mac

line 210:
replace
os.system("{0}/GoZBrush/GoZBrushFromApp.exe".format(pathGoZ)) #<- for Windows
by
os.system("{0}/GoZBrush/GoZBrushFromApp.app/Contents/MacOS/GoZBrushFromApp".format(pathGoZ)) #<- for Mac

(Sorry I forgot).

The pdf is coming soon

------Edit-------
I hope this pdf help you using Blender and ZBrush.

And sorry for my english.GoB_doc.zip (441 KB)

I can bring stuff from Blender to Zbrush but not from Zbrush to Blender :cry: EDIT: Now I got it working. Thanks!

Hi, I did update from blender 2.61 to 2.62 and now GoB doesnt work!
I followed all you wrote in the goz_docs.pdf but my blender just doesnt see this script! I dont know what to do :frowning:
I put those 2 files into my C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.62\scripts\addons
then I opened blender and go to User Preferences menu, switch to addons
 and there is no GoB :frowning:

Like in the pdf, you need to move the folder named “GoB_addon_259” with the two files.

So I think you just need to create a folder inside the addons:
C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.62\scripts\addons\GoB_262

But the best way is to use the script path inside Blender Preferences like in the pdf.

I did it and it solved my problem! Thank you! :wink:

Great tool !!! Works great for me !!
Just one problem : is use it to do my blend shapes, but when i click export from Blender, it messes up all my vertex groups (put numbers instead of names and reset some of their values), the work around is quiet easy, i just have to ctrl_z after i export, and then everything’s back but would be cool to fix. (or explain if i just don’t understand the feature ^^)

Thx !!!

After extracting the Zbrush file into the Zbrush Addons folder, When I go to Zbrush > Preferences I see the ‘Path to Blender’ button and then click it. The window that says ‘No Version of Blender Found’ window comes up and then I do ‘Browse’ and can see the Blender folder in the Addons folder but when I open that Blender folder there is nothing in it like there is in the Max, Cinema, and other folders.

When I go to that Addons folder through the Start option and open that same Blender file I see the small .txt file you placed in the Blender folder that we get from post #36

Any hints on what I’m doing wrong?

Hello,

@ wildduck:

• In ZBrush, polygroups don’t have a name, just a color and it is assigned to a face.
  • In Blender it is a vertex group, assigned to a vertex (and worst, to a vertex on a face).

The same vertex can be assigned to different group inside Blender but not in ZBrush.
So the script rename all group with a number to represent the color index. (1= white, 2-7=orange-yellow, 
 , 65535=soustractive polygroup) and modify some vertex group to fit a polygroup (face group).

I can fix the name behavior, but not the vertex/face group problem.

@ EZRA52:

The window that says ‘No Version of Blender Found’ window comes up and then I do ‘Browse’ and can see the Blender folder in the Addons folder

You need to select the ‘blender.exe’ inside your Blender installation, not inside the addon :slight_smile: