ZBrushCentral

Gizmo Icon Size in 2022.0.3

• “Modified: Gizmo icons now 50% larger.”

Without the chance to choose the size one want to work with. Now I have to work with these huge icons that clutter my screen and that were not necessary at all. Why would you do that?

1 Like

Is there a way to make the Gizmo3D icons small again? like they were in the previous version?

I agree, the previous size for the Gizmo tools was better :slight_smile: I didn’t find any preference to revert.
Side note, the installer slideshow is way too fast. Too bad as the artworks are (as always) amazing!

1 Like

Good news! I checked and there is indeed a new patch that is being worked on which will allow you to choose the preferred size of the Gizmo icons.

Thank you for the feedback.

7 Likes

Great! But what happened to the incremental rotation with the Gizmo?
I had to go back to 2022.02 just so that I could rotate a set of eyes -5 degrees when holding down shift; in .0.3/,0.4, the increments are now 22.5 degree increments; before that update, holding down shift gave you increments of 5 degrees!
Is there a new setting I’m oblivious to or will we be getting 2022.0.5 tomorrow? :weary:

Hi @Erwin0340

I have 2022.0.4 and Rotation with Shift is 5 degree increments. I’m on PC.
Check Preferences:Transpose:Rotation Steps. This is the number of steps in 90 degrees (not 360 as stated in the help). The default is 18 i.e. 5 degree steps. Change to any integer number of steps you want.

Brilliant! Mine was set on 4; hence the 22.5 degree increments.
I have never had this change before on any install in the past which is why I thought it could be another glitch.
Thank you - now I can go back to 2022.0.4 again.
Well, I was right; there was a setting I was oblivious to… lol.
Cheers

for the latest 2023 is this already done? How to control your gizmo size? thank you so much