ZBrushCentral

Gears2 Environment Art (step by step page 5)

Some great work there Kevin! It’s always really cool to hear from people here who actually are workign on well-known properties or are well known themselves.

Also, Old mythology of any culture is fascinating and always interesting to learn about.

I’m glad you posted some of your workflow for us - any chance of a few step by step pictures of different stages of something you’ve worked on?

all the stuff for Gears looks awesome! Love the Hospital staff and the little details on everything. I ask this of many people but it’s always interesting to know: about what subdivision level do you get down to?

Working my way toward proper individual answers, spent the time on making a step by step on the hospital construction, a lot asked about workflow.

And one of the Roofs -

![Workflow01.jpg|800x600](upload://bIiiD6gYzzKADUK0PNJDxiuDwYJ.jpeg)![Workflow02.jpg|800x600](upload://dOPyCHKqIRMSlIQa3pZuLtVbgQP.jpeg)![Workflow03.jpg|800x600](upload://tNROsy7eKnKFSeDVg8bJvfEkCf.jpeg)![Workflow04.jpg|800x600](upload://qffkQmr40C5vQEXBT4cFrPQcRT9.jpeg)![Workflow05.jpg|800x600](upload://rZY0IVgXb4XxXKFf9rvsCBfonuR.jpeg)![Workflow06.jpg|800x600](upload://l8mb7larO6IayAHW4xNauygmiNK.jpeg)![COG_Hospital_DecoRoof1.jpg|1100x900](upload://v6668PrzLCNmJCkTdmDDj9WsQtE.jpeg)![ZBC_THUMB.jpg|103x76](upload://fNmWF3uIN05rDt06wWcPQ5KcRd0.jpeg)

Attachments

COG_Hospital_DecoRoof1.jpg

wow, thank you for breaking that down. I am definitely going to use these as reference. Very good work on the environment, and great work on the game. Thanks again.

Thank you. Quick and easy to understand :+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

Outstanding work. Thanks for sharing your methods.

thanks for takign the time to put that together.

I see this a it is artistically smashing!
Kind like getting hit with a ton of bricks

Excuse me if this sounds dum. but I just don’t know what else to say.
Amazing thank you for sharing this with the world.

cas

Aweosme,thanks for workflow explanation

Appreciated.

Tears dropped from my right eye : )

Wow!
Thanks for share your workflow. Very simple and pratical!

Thanks!

Amazing kevin, thanks for the extra step and time you took out to explain the process. Great work, very inspirational. Thanks again for sharing and keep up the good work!! :+1:

Quick Question:

So in the end image (which is awesome by the way) each brick is its own mesh?

Amazing man! Amazing!
Thanks for sharing your techniques! Really appreciated! :D:+1:

Thank you these are brilliant!

thanx for the tips :wink:

Kevin, thank you so much for this tut!

Not to sound like a total newb, but what is “The Grid” do you mean all the instanced bricks? also when you instance items I thought when you rotated them the other instanced objects will also rotate? Or are you rotating them on the Poly level?

Either way amazing Job the tut is very nice how did you come up with the idea in the first place?

Baron

Hey! thanks, Kevin!:+1:

thanks for sharing that !