ZBrushCentral

Funky's 3d sculptage

Mr. Spooky: thanks a bunch man!
Justadeletedguy: haha hopefully she looks a little less baby-like this time
Hellgrind: Thanks man, I’m really pumped to get to her wings, they look soo fun :o
nickolasnm: hey thanks a bunch!
CosmicFig: Thanks man! I like your work :smiley:
SpacemonkeyDr: Thanks dude! It’s a challenge for sure, and glad you like my hand-turkey :lol:
SammehSamurai: Hey thanks a million! That’s totally what I’m going for :slight_smile:
O/MI: thanks a bunch, I hope you dig it :slight_smile:
AJ Jefferies: Hey thanks a ton! :smiley:
Adam McMahon: Thanks man! I hope you got something out of the timelapses :slight_smile:

I got a little more going with the costume now, still no wings yet… but they will come! :lol:
any crits are always welcome :slight_smile:
the spins were too big to upload :S, but you can see the color here and grey here if you’re keen :slight_smile:
dizzy_sculpthair3_grey.jpg
dizzy_sculpthair3_color.jpg

Attachments

dizzy_sculpthair3_color.jpg

dizzy_sculpthair3_grey.jpg

yes :slight_smile: very nice update … is there a concept for her you´re following?

can´t wait for the poses :slight_smile:

love it so much bro. thumbs up! :+1:

Super beautiful! I like this a lot!

Awesome!! The form of the body is really nice. :+1:small_orange_diamond:sunglasses:small_orange_diamond:+1:

Funky Bunnies,
This is a amazing work, your spulpt style fits perfectly on this concept, i loved it,
the model look like a garage kit.
Congratulations.

amazing work mate :smiley:

beautiful sculpting mate, really astonishing work! I am very inspired mate, thanks for sharing your superb work!:+1:
Definantly looking forward seeing more from your funky 3d sculptage :slight_smile:
Cheers and happy sculpting,

• Kenny :slight_smile:

:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

Hey thanks a ton guys :smiley:

O/MI: Thanks dude, I’m following a concept that i found on the net here but im not sure who painted it :confused:
ZawYeMyint: Hey thanks a bunch! you have some amazing work
SolidSnakexxx: Thanks a ton :smiley:
zber2: glad you dig it :slight_smile:
hugoqueiroz: that’s awesome! thanks man, i was hoping for that :smiley:
nitrox: thanks dude!
Kenny: thanks a bunch man! I hope to keep the sculptage going!
pappete: thanks!

I’ve gotten some pm’s about if i have any special techniques for hair sculpting, and im afraid i sorta don’t, it’s mostly basic tools :confused:
You might be able to get more out of other videos for hair but i did a timelapse of how I did Dizzy’s hair. Unfortunately I derped and forgot to check if the last section exported properly before closing zbrush :frowning: so the back of the head and the ponytails weren’t recorded, but maybe you can get something out of it

cool design, precise details, nice video to go along with it too :stuck_out_tongue:

I can’t wait to see more of your stuff.

Thank you so much for the hair sculpt video :smiley:

really really good stuff :smiley:

love your work, and thanks for the hair video. very helpful.

but if i may ask, how did you do the reflections on the eyes? toyplastic material with some kind of env reflection or what?

keep up the good work :smiley:

I’m currently trying to sculpt an anime based bust and am having a lot of difficulty and confusion with the eyes, trying to get that unique eye shape to work in a 3D environment, do you have any pointers on how you get them looking so natural? :slight_smile: thanks, love what your making, inspirational :smiley:

Your Dizzy model gets more awesome with every update. You’ve really developed quite a skill at sculpting hair. I haven’t read through the thread, so I apologize if this has probably already been answered. Are you using the Damien Standard brush for the hair, or a combination of brushes?

-J

GFLK[pik]: Thanks!

nitrox721: No problem, I hope you got something out of it :slight_smile:

darxx: thanks! glad you dug the video :smiley: As for the eyes, I used to use toyplastic but now I use an amazing matcap by the awesome Zbro, it has a nice reflection built in :slight_smile:

SammehSAMURAI: thanks! Anime eyes are tough man, I looked at tons of screens for games like blade & soul, tera, and whatever other games I could recall that did anime faces. The biggest things I think are to keep the head sorta 4-eyes-wide instead of 5 like usual, and to try and keep the eye sockets mostly on the front of the face rather than wrapping around quite as much as realistic eyes do - they’re so big they can look like lizard eyes pretty easily haha. I still kept the eyeball spherical and everything, so at this level of stylization you don’t haaave to squish the eyeball, it just takes a bit of massaging into place to get it to ‘feel’ right :slight_smile:

JMC3D: hey man, thanks a ton! no problem, For the hair I mention sorta what I’m doing in the youtube description, but I basically use sharp alphas on a standard brush to cut in and pull out harsh ridges, fill in those planes with the clay brush, use the curvetubes and snakehook brushes to get the tendrily shapes, then cleanup with flatten, polish, and pinch. I don’t actually use the dam_standard brush much at all, though everyone’s wild about it so I’m trying to get into the habit of using it for other stuff :slight_smile: If you think it’d be helpful I’ll give it a whirl next time

Thanks for the insight. The Damien Standard brush is pretty cool, and can be used for all sorts of detailing, but I think your method of sculpting hair works really well, and your getting great results. Damien Standard is essentially a Standard brush with a sharp alpha applied to it, so I’m sure you’d get awesome results either way ;).

Thanks a bunch :slight_smile: I’ learned quite a lot just from watching some of your speed sculpts, incredible flow you have. I’ve decided to keep the eyes on my current model slightly less anime styled for now until I have more experience. but have still kept the facial proportions used in manga. ^^

Hi all,

I’ve sorta disappeared for a while cuz I’ve been working on my lowpoly, baking, texturing, and all that non-zbrushage jazz. She’s still not done though! I got distracted and started working on Dizzy’s grim reaper wing - Necro. I made a couple timelapses too as I went along if you’re interested :slight_smile:

necro_bodysculpt.jpg

Necro’s stylized skull and hood:

Necro’s cloth body, arm, and wings
I tried to annotate this one with some thoughts as I went along to sorta make more sense haha

awesome man! love your timelaps :slight_smile: and love the music …