ZBrushCentral

From a ZBrush model to a wood sculpture

Simply brilliant work…now i have to read carefully again the procedure.:+1:

Hi Selwy,

Great work and very interesting thread, though the cost of such a Panthograph milling machine must be very high.
Even the 15.000,- for a JWx 30 Roland are far out of range even for the ambitious hobbyist.

A pity and even a bit strange, that there is no online service yet for milled items also
similar to what Sculpteo oder Shapeways are offering for printed items.

Maybe your woodcompany could start one, but sure its already in the making I guess?

I would always prefer that for casual items, because you don`t have the dirt and mustnt care about the technique at your house.

Nevertheless while googeling I found this:

http://www.mydiycnc.com/full_product

Originated from a kickstartercampaign and with a very interesting price.
Don`t know about the quality though…

and there`s also the imodela from Roland

all the best

Jake

A work very beautifull

Amazing work ! Thanks for sharing !

Excellent work, and a very interesting process - thx for sharing it. I’d love to see a complete instructional gnomon-like video in the whole process some day :slight_smile:

…and now here comes staples:

seems the overall 3 d printing development is reaching some interesting breaking points.

I found the Staples thing interesting so I did a bit of research. Mcor Technologies is the 3D printer company that Staples has teamed with. Their approach is a bit different as they use paper as the material for each layer glued together with adhesive to build the model. Aparently their machine cuts out each cross section of a model on a sheet of paper colors it and applies adhesive building each layer.

Love it :+1:

This is just inhuman !
Really, cant say anything more than those are true masterpieces.

Thank you very much for all the great comments and your interest!!
I would like to answer some questions:

I do not own a 3d printer. Of course there are several printers on the market, but I prefer online printing services. They take care of your files and the printing process itself. Their technology is up to date most of the time and prices are affordable. As already described in the breakdown, I need my models in sintered nylon to mount them on the pantograph and machines that do sintering are still expensive.

Replicators, or milling machines are really expensive! The prices depend on the amount of “milling stations” they have. They can be really big and costs more than 250.000 € (and I don’t speak of CNC machines here :p…)

Kind regards,
Selwy

Wow dude your work is amazing as always …
I can’t even begin to understand where did you get such clean anatomy (I`m talking in general not only on the girl wood model)

Amazing and inspiring, keep on pushing ! And thanks for the Cloth brushes btw :smiley: I`m still using them for about 2 years the very least if not more.

Vick.

TzDMCXPPypk.jpg

What kind of wod did you use and how did you sand souch fine detail?

awesome yaar

Breathtaking! Can you provide a link to your favorite online printing service?

Thank’s for sharing all of this valuable info!!!

Multiple spindle copy machines are expensive. Not every hobbyist wants to produce 20 or more of one thing.
I have built 5 small copy routers, two for myself and three for other people, for a few hundred dollars each. They will produce
copies in wood about human head size. Similar plans were available in the 1950’s Popular Mechanics. The machine doesn’t have to be made out of aged cast iron and weigh 2 tons to copy a small piece of wood. Google: gun stock duplicator and check out all the different types of simple copy routers . I own 3 manual copy routers and although I also have a big 4 axis CNC router, I still like working with the small pantograph. I won’t post photos here because it’s not my thread. It would be good to see more people using zbrush to produce work that ended up as something tangible in the real world instead of just producing pixels. :slight_smile:

Great to see how you build these models for printing. Thanks for sharing.

They give me the courage to pursue mine…

cool

fabulous as always Ben!