ZBrushCentral

Free ZTL Model from Nick Zuccarello (new VIDEO page 9 added 8/7/08)

Thank you Nick & God bless you :slight_smile:

I say Bravo!

On the model BRAVO!
Despite me being a virtual Atheist these days, on the message that came with the model, BRAVO! I wouldn’t have the guts to do that, so maybe it shows me I need more courage!
And on your response, BRAVO! There just ain’t enough love in the world.

If this message was a problem, then I’m sure Aurick would have blanked it out.

I’ve seen works get top row and people have written poems with them. No one complained then and this message is really just a poem with meaning. SO LIGHTEN UP AND ENJOY THE MODEL! and if you don’t like the message, IGNORE IT!

We are here to express, and that we can do here.

We all love ZBrush, it’s a tool to express, as is this forum. Be happy with that and use it to that effect.

At the end of the it’s all gravy baby! :smiley:

ROCK ON!

Dusty

Thanks for the model, Nick.

A good reference for creating own work based on this example for sure.

About the religious aspect, I would only like to remind that most of the problems we had and still have in this world are based or exculpated on too much ‘good believe’ or done in the name of him, her or this and that.
Often enough, the biggest desasters in the world history were caused by peoples who were inflamed by their ‘true’ believes.
Art was and still is often enough also treated like a religion or ideology with strict or better restricive guidelines etc.
People and especially artists should be open minded and respect each others regardless what others believe.
Although I don’t see Nick’s statement as an offense and understand what he means, I can also understand that other members have a problem with that.
So I must agree with Dan that this is a critical point when pixologic supports this.
I would also kindly vote for an ideology-free forum.

Thanks for the model Nick! And thanks for the message as well! It reminds me to be a better person.

As for this religious discussion, I think people need to really think about this. There was no actual condition to downloading the model. It’s a paragraph of words stating his beliefs. And that’s all. It’s not like he came to your door and started preaching saying you must listen or you don’t get the free gift. The link is right there.

I usually hold my tongue on these forums on issues like this because this is one of the most professional forums I visit. But I think this issue is too important. Those who are getting offended seem to be offended by someone who is only announcing their religious beliefs. Religious tolerance is a virtue these days and should be practiced by everyone.

Just because someone is willing to express their beliefs doesn’t mean people should be offended by them. People should be secure in their own beliefs to not let it bother them. I mean, there are things said every day by others that are non religious in nature yet aren’t censored. So why single out the religious flavored post which has no real controversy to it? It’s an overall censorship trend which seems to be spreading…

And with all due respect, se7enthcin, you’re only partly right. Yes, this is a private forum run by Pixologic. But they make the rules. Not you. If they tolerate posts like Nick’s, then that’s their right. They posted the entire context of the reasoning behind Nick’s decision to give the model to the community. To not include that context would be disrespectful to Nick and his beliefs. So Kudos to the Pixologic mods for taking such a stance of respectfulness for a community member.

And Kudos to you as well Nick for being brave enough to announce your Christianity.

Wow lot of whining in this thread.
You’ve been given something for nothing. Take it be happy or change the channel. You do have that choice.

Thank you for this wonderful model.

Now we have a great model - is anybody interested rigging this model in 3dsmax ?

so we could use it for animation too ?

thx,
capu

I’m sure I’m on a Pixologic web site, right? Their site their rules. I was so excited to see the model and the word free, I just downloaded the file. :smiley: Then I saw all the uproar as I was reading the posts. Frankly, I’m just taking the file because NickZ is a great artist! His beliefs are his and Pixologic said that OK, so I’m very content just to let NickZ have any positive message, religious or not. I’m very sorry that this became an irritation to so many, geesh :roll_eyes: .

In any event, I know exactly how hard you’ve worked on this Nick and I really appreciate your contribution, and I’m looking forward to see how you’ve solved the areas of the hands, feet, and eyes. The model looks real clean, so there’s lots of opportunity to learn.
Thanks so much,
Gary

thanks a lot for this model!!! :+1:

Don’t get me wrong I understand that Pixologic makes the rules. I never said I did. I am meerly critizicing Pixologic for their endorsement of the message. As of this moment it is biased and insensitive to other religions.

There are two main topics that cause arguments in this world, politics and religion. Neither of these should be present unless reasonably portrayed in an artistic way. Though I respect the artist (nick) and feel that he is very good at what he does I do not think the context of his model portrays his message in a manor that would be considered consistent. If this were true the myriad of male figures on the forum would represent this “message of love.” It’s communication is poor and without the message it does not say anything other than “medium size male body.”

This is where I stand and I petition Pixologic to remove the sermon.

Thank you very much for your free gift to us.It is a very kind act

Thank you Nick for spreading the renown of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, the only thing that matters on this earth!

Phillipians 3:8 - Indeed, I count everything as loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have suffered the loss of all things and count them as rubbish, in order that I may gain Christ.

Firstly I want to say a big thanx to Nick for his meaasge and also for the great model. Great!!!

I am however very dissapointed by the narrow and quite vitriolic posts from those peole who seem to have an objection and then there are those who wish this forum to stay "clean’ of such stuff as religion and politics etc.
That sounds very like Germany and Russia during their regimes that are so hated all over the world and it is truely amazing that so called artists seem to be saying this when on the other hand they “DEMAND” freedom of expression when producing artworks that contain nudity, profanity, violence, gore and horror.
Seems to me that there are some serious credibility problems happening with many of you.
Look in the mirror please.

I wish Nick all the best and congratulate him on his stand and support his freedom of speech and belief and the right to state it as well.

what a great sculpt! the nice flowing typology gives me goose bumps >_<

I just want everyone to know that my latest post seems to have been deleted. Shame on you, Pixologic. Seriously. How dare you allow someone to post a sermon with their model and then not even allow the benefit of dissent.

Thank you so much this is so generous of you! :smiley:

First of all simply posting another persons words does not equal an endorsement any more than a product commercial gets an endorsement by a TV network.

Second, I see no insensitivity going on here.

Third, let’s not go further with this discussion here as we are bordering on hijacking Nick’s thread. PM me if you want to have further discussion on this or we can take it to the community forum (if allowed).

OMG admins stop deleting my posts! :frowning: What happened to ‘free speech’ in this thread? Hypocrisy!

This thread was hikacked with religion when the model was posted with a sermon, don’t you think?

@ Mr. Zuccarello: a question to you: how program have you used for making the uv texture coordinates?

Only a criticism: in the model back, the dorsal muscles are just a little “raw”, not defined… and just a little “flat”. It is a choise or a “no finished” detail? Only a curiosity…

@ all: please stop the polemics: we are here to talk about ZBrush and our works, everything else is out of topic. Please.

I like the sharing way (I’ve done something similar in an other forum, time ago) and when I will make a good sculpture (maybe a day… now I’m only a greenhorn :o ), i want to share it with you. I’ts a promise :wink:

Mattia

hal8999 - All UVs were created in Maya.

As far as the “dorsal muscles” are concerned - I’m guessing that you are talking about the Latissimus dorsi (Lat muscles) I should have pointed out that this model is not perfect by any stretch of the imagination, so anything that is wrong with the model is just a lack of my ability to fully express the perfection that we see on adaily basis. (I’m still learning :slight_smile:

Here is what I am hoping, that people can learn from what I have done right and help the comunity by fixing what I did wrong. I would love for people to resculpt the model and post up what they have created! That would make my day!

I really like how there was a discussion on taking this model and rigging it up in Max. I will be doing this for Maya.

Rastaman, If I am not mistaken you are good at rigging up models inside of ZBrush, is that correct? It would be sweet if you could take my model and rig it up in ZBrush and give a little how to on deforming the character with ZSpheres.

My hope that this is just the beginning of some cooler things that are yet to come!

Peace - NickZ. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the free model… I enjoy your work and your thoughts on your work. Your “BeLIEve” model is one of my favorate models that I have seen period. Again, thank you for all of your thoughtful contributions to the community.