ZBrushCentral

Free Custom Zbrush Brushes

This set actually took me a long time to make. Hope everyone likes it! This is by far the biggest set yet. I believe there are 36 brushes. I lost countā€¦

zbrushbrushes_terraset1.jpg

And please keep the requests comin! I have a huge list of ones to create now. But they will start slowing down if you read my post above :slight_smile:

As always Enjoy!

-Michael

Thanks Michael

One request, the top of a tree stump, you know the ring pattern?

I will add that to the Nature Set 2 :slight_smile:

Thank you once again. :slight_smile: These are really good.

Thank You for these brushesā€¦
Much appreciated

New Brushes coming by the end of the week!

I have some brushes in the making. It will be a new set of Natural Brushes including more leaves, wood grain, wood stamps, wood carving stroke brushes and some more. If you would like to see anything added to this let me know.

-Michael

The Brushes look great in the previews (I havenā€™t tried them myself yet, but I will :D), itā€™s very kind of you to offer them for free. Thanks

graciasā€¦graciasā€¦gracias

Can everyone tell me which brushes they are having problems with and if they are using the package download or individual brushes?

Use this form so I can trouble shoot it
just answer each question simply, yes/no or N/A or the info it asks for

1. I am using ZBRUSH Version -

2. I have tried re-installing Zbrush -

2b. Re-installing worked! -

1. I have tried Upgrading to version R3 -

3b. Upgrading worked! -

1. The following brushes do not load alphas -

2. I am using the packaged versions of the follow brushes -

3. I do not see alphas at all -

4. I get the following error when loading brushes -

5. I have used other custom brushes with no problem. -

6. Are you using the ā€œtrialā€?

If you have anything you want to remain anon on here email me your info at mdunnam@gmail.com

I need this information from everyone that is having problems to fix it
So please fill this out if you have issues.

And if anyone has installed all packages and not had ANY issues. Please let me know as well.

-Thanks,
Michael

Ok so here is what I am going to do. Pixologic was not able to recreate this issue on their end with any of the brushes. They even got them working in Z2,Z3, and Z4. This seems like a local issue and who knows what causes it. So I am going to take Nick Millerā€™s script that he created for resizing and saving alphas. And thank you very much for this! I will batch them all as 512ā€™s and set a package for each set in 512. So anyone that wants can have a smaller version. This will take some time, even with the script. So it might be a while. I am also planning on saving the alphas out in hires for anyone that wants them and give those packages away. So this will give an option to anyone that wants to keep the hires alphas. Also Z5 is supposed to support very high res alphas from what I am told. So everyone keep an eye out for this. And thank you Nick for your help. This will save me a lot of time!

-Michael

Greetings and thank you for your cool brushes!i use zbrush 3.1 and all your brushes they donā€™t workā€¦i try and install more then 20 brushes at " C:\Program Files\Pixologic\ZBrush3\ZStartup\BrushPresets "with no luckā€¦ i get an errorā€¦The next try was to load them same thingā€¦ but i see that your brushes they donā€™t have the default icon of what brush isā€¦they have only the zbrush iconthat it!!!

The updates to zbrush 4R3 are free. Update to the most current version.

Sorry they were created in Z4r2. I havenā€™t tested them in 3 at all. I have only heard that they worked for some but havenā€™t tested them myself. Upgrade to 4. It is much better anyway and its free :slight_smile:

Soon I will release the alphas in a pack for use. So you can use those and create your own when they are released. Sorry for the inconvenience

Thanks,

Michael

Michael, I just wanted to stop by and thank you once again for all the great brushes. Iā€™ve used all of them (I think) at one time or another and rest assured they all work with 4r3. Keep up the great work, your brushes are a huge time-saver for a lot of us!

Gary (aka voodoodad)

ZBrush 3.1 ?? Hmmmā€¦ Itā€™s now at version 4R3. Why havenā€™t you upgraded? You are using a legal copy of ZBrush, are you not?

Update! I have packaged each Brush individually with the highest resolution alpha that was made to create the brush as well as the icon. Just click on the icons and download the brushes again if you want them individual. Each one is RARā€™d. The Packages have also been updated to include all of these RARs. This took a ton of time. So please be kind and enjoy! :slight_smile:

I will eventually include an alpha only package for those that just want the alphas!

I will create some new brushes soon!

As always, Enjoy!

www.michaeldunnam.com/free-stuff.html

Michael

1. I am using ZBRUSH Version - 3.1

2. I have tried re-installing Zbrush - yes

2b. Re-installing worked! - No

1. I have tried Upgrading to version R3 - No

3b. Upgrading worked! - I don;t know

1. The following brushes do not load alphas - all

2. I am using the packaged versions of the follow brushes - all

3. I do not see alphas at all - correct

4. I get the following error when loading brushes - ā€œError has been encountered while trying to load brush preset.ā€

5. I have used other custom brushes with no problem. - Yes I don;t know if this help they are olso free so check them up, heres the link
    http://www.fatmiri.com/Downloads.html

6. Are you using the ā€œtrialā€? No

Thank you very much - i hope to make them work! Smile
I am playing to S.L Game and i work with Z3.1 ā€¦
this is the reason of why i am not updateā€¦ smile ā€¦

Hey,

Unfortunately I do not think, even though I have been told that these brushes work with any version under 4. I donā€™t think they are backwards compat unless made in 3. These were created in Z4R2 and Tested in Z4R3 as well. Although as you may have read above I have included the alphas with each brush now on the site. So if you like you can use the alphas and make your own brushes using them. I will soon upload all of my alphas without brushes in one package for download. I might be able to do this tonight. So keep an eye out!

Sorry for the inconvenience,

-Michael

Oh and I also wanted to ad Fatmiri doesnā€™t use custom alphas in those brushes. They are all default pixologic alphas that come with Zbrush 3. He just changed settings to make some really nice brushes. So theres the difference. Apparently custom alphas donā€™t save correctly. But I have not really been able to hammer down the reason for this. Everyone seems to have a different problem lol. Which is why I have included the alphas with the brushes now.

So Enjoy!

More to come soon!

-Michael