ZBrushCentral

Frank Tzeng's sketchbook

HI Frank_Tzeng, really compliment!
You are very good even in cartoon style, was very faithful to the original six!
(s0rry for my english)
I really like the final render result !!
Good WOrk frank!

Hey guys :slight_smile: i would like to share with you guys a character i did for the BRAWL contest, i redesign VEGA from street fighter, basically gave him a nano suit to make him more sci-fi looking, sadly i didnt have enough time to finish him as how i wanted due to the lack of time, so here he is, ill pose the color version and w/o the mask soon, hope you like him!!
C & C are always welcome

Clay render 1

Clay render 2

Clay render 3

Zbrush sculpting

![vaga tumb2.jpg|300x165](upload://5mNPdSPwyMEfMl8AvGaE8fdYSH9.jpeg)![clay-render-with-mask-after-ps-3.jpg|852x1500](upload://oXPh6TTyMvv1a2gjzXA9GfVVtMp.jpeg)![clay-render-with-mask-after-ps-2.jpg|965x1500](upload://pB67IQ77TuBMxZNzTbwSyptdjVK.jpeg)![clay-render-with-mask-after-ps.jpg|810x810](upload://2ZKCGcWZFVeeqnUwBtOz5XFtrjb.jpeg)![w-mask-all_zbrush.jpg|1100x1024](upload://79nPLi36A4Tj8ghASrSDGPAqImv.jpeg)

Attachments

w-mask-all_zbrush.jpg

Looks great man, but I can’t help feeling like that cloth sash is definitely bringing the piece down.

Very clean sculpting.

wow, he looks great man, i really like the mask you did for him, i think its better then the original design, and i also love the render, it is really clean and beautiful, one question tho, did you model his face also? i kind of want to see what is under that sci-fi mask :slight_smile: really cool design anyways!!!
:+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

@ KillahPriest Thanks man,and yea you are not the only guy who told me that, ill learn from my mistakes, now i know its not a good idea to put a traditional sash with a scifi suit lol, thanks for looking anyways!!

@ Derek Frenzo Thanks a lot for the compliment :slight_smile:

Frank,

Your lines are always so damn clean, man! Awesome work…can’t wait to see it textured!

(and I don’t think the sash necessarily drags it down but there is a noticeable difference between the quality/details of the figure and the sash itself…maybe you can colour it/pattern it so it’ll look cohesive!)

@ Joce Thanks man i am glad you like his mask, and yes i did model his face also, ill show the render later today :slight_smile:

@ Stephen thanks Stephen, and yes i did try color it but i didnt think it came out good tho @_@ ill show the color soon, thanks!!!

the vega armor is so clean! and also the design is awesome…I have followed your development on polycount^^

You do a absolutely good stuff!! :+1: :+1: :+1:

@ pappete thx man, im so glad you like it and thanks for followed my thread in polycount also, i didnt really like how it came out so im trying to rerender him with vray see if i can get better result. thanks again!!

@ ROXE Hey man, im glad to see you leave a message again, how have you been, doing any new works?? hope the best to you my friend, and glad you like it too :slight_smile:

So here is the version with his mask up, im still re-render him in vray, will post it after finish, thanks for looking!!
C & C are always welcome

![vaga tumb3.jpg|300x165](upload://yoHDlj0ubI4kjxK6f3SjtedcFYZ.jpeg)![clay-render-wo-mask-after-ps-2.jpg|838x1500](upload://N6VoZKisX43PbUkXFUiq5ftyc2.jpeg)![clay-render-wo-mask-after-ps-side.jpg|1008x1500](upload://fdpdfcOsWgmzQl0jLcdAqA0ytV3.jpeg)![wo-mask_all_zbrush.jpg|1100x960](upload://fqH47tKpOzDiMR3G5gvfPttLSeY.jpeg)

Attachments

Niiiiiiiice, Frank, very nice!

so thats what it looks like under the mask lol, really cool sculpt, hope i can see some color soon!!! :+1: :smiley:

This is awesome. Love the suit and all the details.

@ Stephen Thanks very much !!!

@ Joce Thanks i will post the color soon :slight_smile:

@ soulty666 Thanks a lot, glad you like him

really, really nice work!
i have always been a fun of this character and you have reproduced it in a awesome way!
it is ready for a movie! :+1:
how many polygons did you use and what are the specifications of your pc?

please, if you have time, visit my sketchbook page and give me some advice :o

i think u are near for the top row!!!

@ xexex Thanks man, glad you like him, the final game model i did for this character was 10111 tris, but the clay render you saw were just used decimation master and render in max. and i dont really know a lot of my computer, i only know the RAM is 24 GB, sorry about that lol

@ pappete Thanks a lot for just thinking i am near top row lol, but i know i am not even close, still have a long way to go, still just learning and trying to prepare myself so i can get a job after i graduated lol, thanks again!!! :slight_smile:

Hey guys, here are some pics of the old color that i used for this character , but i didnt really like the way it came out, therefore i am trying to re-render him and give him a different color, i render out some pics for color test, if you have time, please do let me know which one do you think its better and why, all advises will be appreciated !!! thanks for looking!!!

OLD COLOR STUDY 1

OLD COLOR STUDY 2

HAND POLYPAINT

NEW COLOR TEST

![vaga tumb4.jpg|300x165](upload://6jhpLQYjQRNnHoU7XrklslUg1m6.jpeg)![color3.jpg|1000x903](upload://a3CZVDX6hzwjAYzJtOmHEXf67As.jpeg)![color_all_front.jpg|800x655](upload://lgrzIgrpG4kejCO9sxMSMRMdJTm.jpeg)![hand polypaint 2.jpg|1000x565](upload://fdK10JOVWMv03rn91Wm4OyBz30C.jpeg)![color wip.jpg|1000x373](upload://kKmo8nWmQteM9KET2FfaSnloCGE.jpeg)