ZBrushCentral

Frank Tzeng's sketchbook

One thing I notice about your models is in 3/4 view their cheekbones and outer eye sockets don’t stick out enough, like they’re squashed back into the skull. Also too much eyeball is visible from the side, which is because of the above note.

Great sculpts Frank! :slight_smile:

@ Maya4fun Thanks a lot man :slight_smile:

@ ROXE nop, it was all done by hand sculpting, and thanks for the compliment :wink:

@ EricShawn lol, you have good eyes, i draw them on there, you are not jsut imagining them, thanks for the kind words

@ pap87 Thanks for your suggestions, however, in my opinion, human face could be very surprising sometimes!! different ppl’s have different eye sockets, cheekbones and so on… believe me, thats how he looks like, but thanks anyway. :slight_smile:

@ cw06 Thanks, glad you like it :lol:

Hey, i now finished the polypaint in zbrush and play with the BPR render for a while, i finally got a skin that i think it looks “ok” to me, hope i can hear some comments here, thanks for viewing!!

C & C are always welcome :slight_smile:

tum

BPR render in zbrush

![tum.jpg|300x166](upload://wH8Y8Z6H6NecLDxUE1V9YtyxYlu.jpeg)![all_front2.jpg|878x866](upload://yfA2jdxg4RFxTVlsN1gbTT02l9G.jpeg)![ZBC1.jpg|110x60](upload://qOfdgVCScUH2uQT1ZOOyNZb3WCI.jpeg)

Well, great evolution Frank,
The front skin color is too yellow at my taste and the pull-over need more definition, maybe you have too many specularity over than that it’s great. Keep it up Frank.

Emmanuel.

Very compliment Frank_Tzeng!
I think that yor texture skin is great!
Your work is really good on wrinkles, you have lots of patience.
What brush did you use?

@ Maya4fun Thanks for your suggestions, i will keep them in mind!!! thanks again!!

@ ROXE Thanks for all the reply you gave me man, really appreciated, when i detail wrinkles i usually just use stander, dim sander, claytubes, and inflat. thats all i used. thanks again!!

very nice details:+1:

Hey Frank,

Nicely done realistic head…great job on the polypainting too! Looks damn cool!

HI Frank_Tzeng, thankyou for your reply!
I hope to see more of your work!

@ Albert Coen Thanks man, glad u liked it
@ wizzie14u Thanks Stephen :slight_smile: just trying to get all my works in my sketch book here!!
@ ROXE Thanks again for your reply too man, here is more of my work, hopes u like it. :smiley:

So, This is my old work basic on an amazing caricature drawing which was done by Tiago_Hoisel, just want to post it in my sketchbook here, hope i can get some critiques for future improvement, and hope you guys like it.

Modeled in Max, detailed in Zbrush, rendered in Maya, Photoshop-background

thumb

Final image

Zbrush sculpting

zbrush turnaround

concept and my model

all the maps that i used for the SSS skin render in mentalray

![cartoon tumb.jpg|300x165](upload://xLp2kD068QC5XLhFKam9j11dRDY.jpeg)![5.jpg|827x1078](upload://6snIh6RdJwrK3pAqN8dhJn9EdW9.jpeg)![1.jpg|1100x536](upload://afOiqIxbtrBCMJr1Wc2pX7fQFx0.jpeg)![sculpting and concept.jpg|900x704](upload://4lQSRhU7iNExksqQUo8awJN4jmm.jpeg)![finish-piece2.jpg|870x906](upload://8dcE6ESpsn006MAMnaZjE5XlJpo.jpeg)![all_maps.jpg|600x530](upload://bU17Ll1nzyo0G3Kynbu4wdNl8TT.jpeg)

Attachments

1.jpg

wonderfull!!! execelent light and render and sculpt
show de bola!!
:+1:

cool model and cool renders. :+1:

good model

Great piece:)

great work :+1: :+1:

awesome detailing on face.nice work top row

@ arthurduque Thanks man, btw i love your sculpting too, your sketch book is awesome!!! thanks again for viewing my works :wink:

@ Nattawat_OBBI OMG… thank you so much man, i ma a big fan of your creature works. all the design and detail, they are freaking amazing!!! thanks for the compliment again.

@ Framedworld Thank you man, i like your anatomy study too, looks really solid. :+1:

@ cw06 thanks a lot man, glad u like it!!

@ Gary Komar Thanks man thank you for all the tutorial that u did, the hair, and riggs, it helps a lot!!! and thanks again for viewing :stuck_out_tongue:

@ madhead Thank you man, hope one day ill be up there. still trying to learn everything!! :slight_smile:

Fantastic job!

Fresh work man … really pleasing to eyes…
potential top row !!