ZBrushCentral

Forgotten Altar

Open World Game-ready Environment.

SCROLL DOWN THE FOR FULL DETAILED PROCESS BREAKDOWN.

Note: some slide have animations, Check the Artstation post for breakdown with animations.

This was a 4 month project for the final module of my MA in game art at Escape studios.
The focus here was sharpening technical art skills and consolidate all the skills I learned during this year a natural environment with sporadic architectural elements seemed like a good idea.
I was inspired by the environments of Betheseda’s Elder Scrolls series (particularly Skyrim).
The project allowed me to delve deep into Foliage creation, some techniques and workflows for procedural terrain generation, complex shader creation in Unreal and of course, further integrating ZBrush into my pipeline for game environment creation.

2 Likes

What a gorgeous piece. Thank you for sharing so much. I can completely understand every step in your project because of the breakdown images.

Well done.

1 Like

Thank you so much Paul! :smiley:

Nice to see work’s coming out of Escape Studios, clearly a lot of work with great results Rodolfo, thanks for sharing your breakdown :clap: some of us maybe in London in April…should pay a visit at the studio :slightly_smiling_face:
Jaime

1 Like

Thank you Jaime! :slight_smile:
I studied there remotely except for the month of August and September when I had to work on a group project. It was a great experience and I hope I can go back to the UK one day. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wow, thanks for giving us so much insight into your development process @RodolfoSilva . Incredible outcome :metal:

1 Like

Thank you Melissa. :slight_smile: I’m glad you liked it.

1 Like