ZBrushCentral

Forest Goblin

NICE work! Great work on the model and the textures as well! I checked out your site, great work! Very inspiring!

Scott

Thanks again for all the cool replies and comments!

boozy floozie: I used Max to create the base mesh.

marcus_civis: Cheers :slight_smile: I draw orthographic drawings for every full body character I plan to model. I try to get it as precise as possible so that I can fully visualise the character before modelling it.

mono6: I setup a skylight for these renders with 2 Disc area lights for eye refelctions, and 2 simple spot lights to react to materials. The brazil skin shader was used for his body and for the leather hat and shoes.

RaDraw: Thanks. I used Deep Paint 3D and Photoshop for textures.

ryan3d: The skin material setup is quite simple. With most settings set as default. It consits of a colour, SSS, bump and wetness map. Light setup makes a difference, as that is what your skin shader will react to. Read my responce to mono6 above for the lights setup. :slight_smile:

Hi! First post here.

Excellent work! I remember seeing your stuff on cgtalk a few years ago. It was very inspirational!

What most impressive about your work is how “clean” it is. Grungy dirt maps are all the rage these days and it’s very great to see some really tight and yet simple work! It’s very pleasing to the eyes!

thx for your reply, Can I ask one more?
I’m wondering your render time. the SSS take a long time for render.
I think that your rendering also take as like this. How long take the rendering?
and Would you tell me the Wetness map? I never heard about it. if you can show us, It’ll be great!

HAHAHA Pilou! Always paying attention to details!

its true indeed… Cool babushss!

Holy Crap this is good!!!

Caroline,
It’s all been said , this is beautiful work! Show us more.
mm

Great! I am looking forward for more of your work.

It’s a pleasure to see that someone read my elucubrations :smiley:
Pilou

badass to the extreme. you should be proud.

now go make more :smiley:

WTF that thing is cute! lol

Thanks again for the responces!

ryan3d: My render time is around 30mins on a dual Athlon XP with 2G Ram. Brazil is quite fast for SSS. The wetness map kinda looks like a specular map, where you use black to mask off parts that you don’t want to look wet or have specular.

Awesome work! I’m a big Brian Froud fan, and almost, and I mean I was this close, to trying to model one of his characters for my reel. So I am very pleased to see your interpretation of his work. Very, very well done!

I’ve been a big fan of your work for awhile. In fact, your work was one of the big motivator’s to keep me cracking at this stuff. You have such a beautiful fluid style that I really wanted to learn how you did it. Thanks for sharing your work, and I hope to see more from you!

Take care,

Chad

I like this character very much! astonishing work and attention to detail. i’d only break simmetry in his face a little more maybe. do an animation with him! :slight_smile:

Wow this is excellent! I love Froud’s work. Hope you do some more like him! ;0}

Superb work! Very original…
:+1: :+1: :+1:

(Thought I posted this already)

I’ve been aspiring to get to the level of you’re low poly wok and texturing for a while now. I love the Goblin and I really like you’r taste in character design. The only thing I think might be a problem is the Pelvis/Hips from the front view. From the back everything looks proportionate, for a Goblin. However, from the front , the way you have the creases defining what is the the pelvis from the front view it’s actually cradling the ribcage; if his spine were to twist at all walking, his rib cage would grind against the interior of the pelvis and that could be a bit problematic.

Yes the author has tried on glory, the goblin has left simply remarkable and frightening simultaneously, but…
In each work there are mistakes and than these mistakes, especially the greater level of skill are more imperceptible is required for the proved criticism…
I not the master, moreover, am still far me up to you, and still I shall state a pair of remarks on account of this without exaggeration of good work…
I start…
The first: Any unnatural longitudinal veins near a biceps, are more exact little bit unsuccessful shades. Ears have any intricate (if to not tell more) the form, everyone will start to shout:
But in fact ears inhuman! ", I understand, but all in this world proceeds from real.
And at last the last, it is possible to not count it the remark. The goblin
In last picture holds not that knife that hangs at it on a belt… That it meant? =)
And in general, Caroline, you have done enormous work, for what I remove the hat, respect…

That you can’t make a basic crit without some dumbass chiming in with a smartass remark. There’s a huge difference between a critique and a personal attack and since I assume you’re more familiar with the latter than the former that’s why you made the poor assumption that you did. Just to clarify for you: WHAT I POSTED WAS A CRITIQUE, NOT A PERSONAL ATTACK.

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :+1: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: