ZBrushCentral

Finished Plugin/ZScript : Marker Master

hi marcus

i had the same problem in one session as dzip.

however i noticed two things…one was that it happened when i was using a clone and the next time it happened i realized i had accidently chose the same tool as i had previously used. I am not sure if those have anything to do with it at all but maybe a way to narrow things down a bit.

the tool did return to the group however when i left edit. my fix was to just delete that one from the group (well not delete i just didn’t remark it) and redrew and re added the tool and all was well.

I just realized I haven’t thanked you properly for making MM’s easy enuf for this dummy to use and for making the editing of each object separatly so easy to do that I could just kiss ya. But I’ll just send ya a great big THANK YOU! instead.:smiley:

Fantastic work guys. Love the script and the movie.

This has got to be the best user group in CG.

Brian

Thank you - I was just struggling with the marker tool. Perfect timing.

This plugin is just great, Marcus :smiley: Top-notch stuff :+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

Found myself up and running with it in no time, and gone are the usual
nail-biting ‘will-it - won’t-it?’ trepidations of grouping with the ‘markers
to multimarkers’ pipeline…

thanks again for a terrific time-saver!

Just like to say thank you for even letting me try this great script! It is wonderful!

Just graet, thx for this

THE TOOL :+1:

-TOXE

This is surtainly one of the best scripts ever made for ZBrush!

All the best:
Mikko M.

I bow to you Marcus “plugin Master”.

And now I have to go to work and don’t have time to play with it :mad: … Damn !!

I just had to add a big “THANK YOU!!” to the pile. I’m a very new ZBrush user and just starting to work with multi markers. This is going to help immensely! Thanks again. :slight_smile:

This is fun !!! Thanks again !MarkerMasterDocCopy003.jpg

Nice work guys. marcus a well needed plugin.:eek:

Trying to watch the Tutorial Movies on a Mac. I have teh Ensharpen Codec for Quicktime Player but Quicktime doesn’t play windows Movie Player Files. And The Windows Movie Player for Mac doesn’t have a ensharpen Plug-in. Could you please put a Quicktime version of the tutorial up?

Thanks for the comments guys, much appreciated. :slight_smile:

Hi Gavyn,
There is already a special Mac version here put up by Lemonnado (earlier in the thread):
http://www.raineronline.com/images/flashmarkermaster.zip

Cheers,

I always wanted to be able to drop an object like a head and be able to get back in edit mode.

Will take a little time to adjust too, but it looks great, thanks so much!

The video helped too, appreciate that as well.

awsome script… tthanks so much…
One problem i am facing… can’t keep the materials in seprated object…
Is there anyone having the same or just me?
i have the head with skin material.then loaded the eye to draw on canvas… but when i load the eyes material up, it apply the eyes material to the head that i already drew on canvas…
how do i have two objects with different material?

Hi ThaoLe,

I’m glad you like the script. I’m not sure why you’re having problems with material but here are a few of things to watch:

1. When using Marker Master if you place some objects, then change the material and immediately press the Group button the material for the last placed object will be changed.
  2. If you change the material when an object is in Edit mode then that’s object’s material is updated to reflect the change.
  3. If you are Loading previously saved materials using the Material>Load button then you must make sure you select an unused material in the material palette first, otherwise the loaded material will replace all instances of that material already drawn on the canvas.

Points (2) and (3) apply to ZBrush in general, not just Marker Master. Point (3) is easy to forget when loading custom materials. Think of the Material palette as 76 material slots: you need to load new materials into different slots otherwise they will replace each other.

HTH,

the Files AND The video tutorial

Now THATS Professionalism ! haha /cheer !!

I revel in the utility of this script and admire the work involved in putting it together.

I don’t think high processor demand (endless loop?) following the re-loading of saved projects from the mastermaker interface has been mentioned in the other reports. My guess is that this is the result of either a script bug, a peculiarity of the environment particular to my machine, or a limitation in this instance of the Zbrush scripting platform. Has anyone else encountered this or gained any understanding of this bug that might provide a clue as to a workaround?

Thanks Antimorph. :slight_smile:
I’ve had this problem, or one similar, but not consistently enough to narrow it down to a bug in my code or to find a workaround. My beta testers didn’t report it but then they may not have tested the plugin to the limits in the way I did. I will say that sometimes things do not work as expected in zscripting and the workarounds - of which there are several in MM - may expose weaknesses in ZB which in turn lead to the sort of problem you are experiencing. And Marker Master is pushing ZB to its limits in certain respects.

My best advice is to restart ZBrush before loading a MM project. The Load routine simply loads tools and textures as specified in a data file and that in itself shouldn’t cause any problems. You should then be able to pick up the Group and continue as before.

Let me know how you get on.