ZBrushCentral

Final Render of skin using photo referencing

Flawless work.

Thanks for sharing. :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

Looks like a job well done. But in my opinion it’s hard to tell if the model fits the photo just from looking at it straight ahead.

Really nice use of photoref, Jigsaw! He looks like an old friend of mine…:smiley:

I also like seeing the model with shading and wireframe. It really shows what you can do with Z-Brush…

5 stars

Dickie

That’s awesome. Are the eyes just a texture or did you build a shader for it? I’d be interested in seeing this piece from more angles :slight_smile:

oh man theres a buger hanging from your nose

awsome workssssss

Unbelievable detail! yeah could you show us the zbrushwork before adding the hair nd stuff in photoshop? this is good stuff, congrats.

Well what can I say, It’s Super! Thanks for sharing the skin and light settings and your knowledge! Well done mate.

Hey!

Firstt off…i would like to say…that this is by far…one of the most realistic models i have come across…certainly up there with francisco or pattenden and a bujch of others…

i just have one crit…
in teh pic. with teh wirefrane…i saw this most evident…there is a very lighter shade in the lip area…which is surrounded by darker skin…and this goes right down to teh chin.
i get that all the time when im texturing like that…but i believe u already know taht and wil fix it…just to make it a bit better! :slight_smile:

another thing taht i would like to point out…is that if u look closely into teh eye…ull see taht teh pupil is not circular…but is blocky and irregulr…that mught have happended when u were moving teh plane maybe…

just one question…hwo high rez was the photo? just curious:)

excellent job…he looks just liek the guy someone else modelled sometime ago…cant remmember the name or anything…oh well…:slight_smile:

awesome job!

I really like this piece, but I’d love to see it from other angles. Actually, it’s really one of the most realistic character I have ever seen, and I have a suspect, that it will not be so good viewing from different angle. Please, vaporize my doubts! Thanks!

Jester

Thanks to all that have taken the time out of your days to view and comment on my self portrait. The comments and critiques have been quite constructive. I am going to render the head in a few different angles so you can see the level of detail in the entire texture that I made for the head here soon; I just have to find some time to do it. (work sucks) :cry: Like I said before in my previous posts, if anyone has any questions on any part of the process, let me know. I am more than happy to share any knowledge that I can give. After all that is what this place is about. I hope the skin material and the light combination and render ideas helped out a little bit. Happy ZBrushing!

p.s. feel free to email me any questions nemsis24@hotmail.com
It may be a bit easier for me to answer them that way.

What the f**k? Man, you are very good. You and that guy Francisco Cortina should battle each other, hahaha.:lol:

Great work man…can you tell us a little more about how you applied the texture map to the face. Did you follow a tutorial? You mentioned Kostas, where is that? Thanks.

In regards to how I textured the model, follow this link

http://zbrushcentral.com/zbc/showthread.php?t=34843

Watch the “Artist in Action:Kris Kosta” video to see how he, in my opinion, revolutionized the ZBrush texturing technique. That was the most innovative and effective tutorial to date for me at least. My reference images used to texture were at 4096x4096. This will give you little to no loss in clarity of the texture when you pick it back up and begin readjusting the model. The nice thing about using that detailed of a texture is you can really see exactly how your model should look in terms of fine lines and wrinkles in the skin and pores, so you can use your texture as a modelling reference as well after you have applied it. Just keep switching between having texture on and texture off to see your sculpt really come to life. Now keep in mind, this render was done entirely in ZBrush. If you take your texture that you have made in ZBrush into another program, you must take it into PS and turn it right side up so that your UV points match, and then rebuild all of your skin and lights.

First, Awesome render!

Second, thanks a million! I have spent forever with my particular model, from modeling and texturing, but could never get it to look right or real for that matter. Your info is just what I needed to make it pop more. Thanks for sharing! :slight_smile:

run.exe

I’ll post my WIP under ‘Elderly Zombie’.
Thanks again.

It’s just a photo.
0 creativity = 1 star

Looks great other than the hair on top of the head. Looks like a bad tupe.

Hi!
Great work man ! Excellent, really!

About the problem with the lip area, in order to get the texture looking great, and to stop having that whitish area, I think you need to open the mouth while texturing, and add texture to the inside, also. Hope this helps.

One question: How the blody hell did you do those eyes? The eyeballs, i mean ! They look GREAT! Please share with us :smiley:

And one crit :stuck_out_tongue: : lose the sideburns :)) even in real life :stuck_out_tongue:

Ciao.

Hi,

I really like to see a 3/4 view of this portrait…is it possible?

Thanks,

Jester

Excellent work the skin is totally real

There you have a pic for your id

Awesome