ZBrushCentral

Film Industry vs Video Game Industry

Hello,

As a 3D modeler, I’m trying to figure out which industry to go into (Film or Video Games).
My goal is to be a 3D character modeler. I know how to model cartoony, Disney style characters
and currently learning realistic character modeling.

By knowing more then one modeling style, I hope to have more options when job searching.

Do most of you prefer the film or game industry and why?
I’ve heard both industries can be demanding, long hours and tight deadlines.
Although I’ve heard the game industry is more lead back.

Do you think it’s better to have a cartoony or realistic character modeling style,
or having more styles is better?

Most of the bigger studios are in larger cities which can be expensive to live in.
Salary is always a big issue. Which industry do you think pays better?

Any advice is much appreciated.
Cheers!

Nowadays, film are adapting the video games technology so I presume you can do films based on video games.

This is one of the coolest things I have heard of. I think that the idea of turning video games into films is astonishing, and it should inspire every film writer and every game developer. I would like to see a film adaptation of GTA or CS since I was a huge fan of these when I was a kid. But most of all, I would like to see a horror adaptation of FNAF. This is one of the scariest games I used to play when I was little, and to make it scarier, I used to use this MOD Play FNF vs Huggy Wuggy Mod → FNF GAMES & MODS which would be a great movie adaptation since it gives an interesting story and an exciting plot.