ZBrushCentral

Figure sculpting sketchbook

nice studies

Nice work on the skeleton and its muscles! I really like you latest anatomical studies, think i wanna try and do a few of those myself when i find the time :slight_smile:

your improving and improving mate - really nice job on your anatomy studies, I think you are doing it just right!:+1:
anatomy studies are the most important thing in my oppinion and definently keep up the great job!:slight_smile:
one thing that bothers me maybe you can seperate the arms of the body and than you good to go^^
Cheers and happy sculpting,

• Kenny :slight_smile:

thnx for all the kind words guys!

here is another study
zbrush-posed-figure.JPG

Really nice work! I enjoyed looking through your sketchbook.

thanks man!

another study, sculpting a-symmetrical for the first time.

Run into problems of polycount and topology on the face unfortunatly…

character-brush-study.jpg

Did you sculpted without symetry from the beginning? It’s very good and clean sculpt. Great work:+1:

gonna do some smaller, quick sketches to improve the structure and understand form and flow better.

Here are the first;

sketch-zbrush.JPG
nieuwe-schets.JPG
sketchie.jpg
zbrush-moddeling-test.jpg

these are great ! are you starting from a basemesh or do you create each one new (if so how? with zspheres?) so curious, since i like your work, and want learn from you :slight_smile:

thanks man

For the posed characters is start with the 8 head mannequin, for symmetrical characters I just start witha sphere.
I used dynamesh on all of them, mainly use the clay build up brush and somethimes the move tool, nothing special.

character-pose-sketch.jpg

yes, clay-builtup and move are my favourite tools too. havenot used the mannequin yet, but your studies encourage me to do so. thanks for sharing. … and the new one is great again, like the dynamic in it, the contra rotations :slight_smile:

I just turn the mannequin into a dynamesh, allows you to really get the pose in quickly.

Very clean and good looking stuff!:+1:

Great studies…:+1:small_orange_diamond:)

Nice to see someone else in here using Ryan’s 8 head mannequin, and using the same technique for it’s developement as the one that I have been using with my boxing pieces…:)…Even using the same couple of brushes for your sculpting as I do.Keeping it simple is always better.:smiley:

Have you tried out the Move Topolological brush…It works great for shaping the mannequin, …even before DynaMeshing it…Press shift while using it, and it really tidies up the mesh nicely…giving a really nice surface to sculpt upon…:slight_smile:

Anyway, just wanted to say that i’m really enjoying your sketchbook, and the works within it…Looking Great…:+1:small_orange_diamond:)

Glenn

spent just as long making my anatomy project renderable then modelling it.
So much time went in to retopologizing, texturing, uv’ing etc.

Hope you guys like it;

wow, oh yes, i love it. its beautiful, all your effort with retopo, and rendering was worth it. great work, so inspiring !!

Awesome! :wink:

Awesome! Great to see the different layers so well produced.

Thanks for all the positive feedback guys!

here is a new sketch

3d-sketch-zbrush-sculpt-pose.jpg