Few projects

Suit fibers tests, etc…

_0.jpg

4c.jpg

Attachments

_2comp.jpg

_0c.jpg

hi,
I’ m continuing my practice with another character.
My actual work flow is this: (I don’ t know yet if it is the right order or not, if I miss something or not, for the moment)

start with dynamesh until I’ m satisfy. I usualy begin to polypaint it at this stage.
When I’ m ‘satisfy’, I duplicate it, zremesh it, and i use ‘project all’ fonction (I have a cleaner topology & ‘same quality’ of the dynamesh ‘version’).
Then, I call Uv Master and unwrapp it.
It permits me to create (and export) normal map, displacment map, etc
Like I maybe said before,
I’ m hobbyist who try to learn with zBrush and 3d work flows, anatomy too, wich is big part of what I’ m trying to learn(ps: I did not made “art school” or jobs related to artistic creation, etc…). As I have understood for a long time now, these two fundamentals parts (usage of 3d application like zBrush; and the creative part, artistic, scenic, story making/telling, etc…) are complete & deep knowledges that need relativly long time to discover, learn, explore and finaly (maybe) progress.

It explains why you see ‘noob’ stuff here(lol): I’ m ‘beginner’ ^_^!. however, publishing this ‘work’ makes me have some recoil on what I do. This means some deceptions and it’ s why I ’ d love to be able to edit my latest posts…lol
Anyway,

here is another male character. I’ ve started him with his head and then his body. I’ ve also tried to make some strap/clothes/etc…and fibers. I also try compositing after rendering (in zBrush). This is where I have added or complete eyes for few (or all) final images.

1408793688-source.jpg

1408793853-1.jpg

Hi,
I try to include zBrush into work flow of creating calligrapy/typography, wich is something I especially like to do.

1409523840-6comp.jpg

ps: this was done for the moment, with Cinema 4D and Photshop. I’ m thinking about exporting/‘gozing’ it and see what I can do (with uv’ s, details enhancements, etc)

1409497774-ts02okoucp-comp.jpg

Attachments

1409497136-source-recovered-6comp.jpg

thanks for making this work brother.keep going.:wink:

your welcome :slight_smile: !
thank you to you too !

Here is another project I’ ve begun.

1409605517-8-recovered-corr8-comp.jpg

Hi,
this is the same model I’ ve continued.

Another zBrush renders

_12yeux test2comp.jpg

_0cc.jpg

_10comp.jpg

Attachments

_0dcomp.jpg

Practice and attempt to sculpt Hellboy.

1.jpg

_1.jpg

Attachments

10.jpg

13.jpg

Cool progress dude! defo seeing lots of improvement going on - keep it up!

ClymSmith:
hey thank you very much ClymSmith !
There are so much things to learn in so much different disciplines, sometimes it is hard to keep motivation 100% but I try to do my best :slight_smile: !
I mean what a complete art is this (digital sculpting/rendering/texturing/lightening,etc), when you have to know/learn anatomy, sketching, sculpture ‘techniques’, architecture bases, mecanique, physique, optique, and so on; as well as applications functions (zBrush) and process of creation (unwrapping, retopo, projections, etc, etc)

I do a lot of experimentation of course, and lot of tutorials and find a lot of inspirations here especialy, and elsewhere from great artists who share their knowledge and work. I mean this is not lots of professional sectors where you can find a friendly community, even if it is a very concurencial sector/job/work.

Anyway, thank you again.
I have continued this character:

Green skin, no fibers, I’ ve begin to add skin details, not finish. Continuing sculpting it (feets, etc) and will adjust the pose (hands, head, eyes, mouth, etc ?)
ps: use of sss light and sss material again, in conjonction with bpr filters (this is where come frome overall green color, otherwise, in render pass, the skin is red; but it is less interesting in my opinion) and use of lightcaps.

_2comp.jpg

nice job bro.like it.:wink:

Hi Diablo, thank you !

hi all,
I continue my practice with another character creation. This time, this is an attempt to create an orc.

14_comp.jpg

ZBrush Document.jpg

<iframe src="//player.vimeo.com/video/107576052?color=ff0179" webkitallowfullscreen="" mozallowfullscreen="" allowfullscreen="" height=“281” width=“500” frameborder=“0”></iframe>Orc turntable wip from iskander71 on Vimeo.

Re work & re render ‘Mad Bust’

_0d.jpg

_0d.jpg
<iframe src=“https://sketchfab.com/models/36c33defa3b345478b87aa42d2c890cf/embed” allowfullscreen="" mozallowfullscreen=“true” webkitallowfullscreen=“true” onmousewheel="" height=“480” width=“640” frameborder=“0”></iframe>

Hi,
I have begun a woman character.

0.jpg
3ts01.jpg
5.jpg
5 subdivsions with 2,1millions poly; subd1 with 8600poly

I have begun with dynamesh, but instead of continuing until high polycount, I choosed to fastly make a zremesher operation, and uvmapping.
Then, I painted her, add little bit of details (no gesture of pores for the moment)

I’ m thinking about hairs to find a ‘good’ way to do them, and I’ m also thinking about the global context of this potential creation (the story).

With her I tried to work on sculpting woman face (again), pretty tedious thing compared to men I think.

What I have learned maybe is that women faces are more smooth in general than men’ s have. Means softer edges, softer surface or curves etc… for jaw line, noze or the ears too (global form),
I avoid making wrinkles (she is young), compared to men they have less (I guess).
I also learned that the distance beetween mouth and noze is smaller, their eybrows are finer too. Their neck are smaller too. Eyes are bigger (than men) like mouth, and the form of the cranium is different, etc…
I’ ve understood that all this ‘rules’ or differences, are not really rules because of all person is unique, and all those features can be mixed both throught men and women.

This is not my first attempt to make a woman face, so I’ m still learning (as always ^^).

https://vimeo.com/110706792

New character, sculpture practice, anatomy, clothes making, fibers tests too (especially eyebrows).

_2d_cc_comp_yeux_comp.jpg
_0comp.jpg
8.jpg
12sap.jpg

In this case I have this character in one unique mesh.
Then I z-remeshed it and project detail (project all). I have cutted thim into polygroups for uv creation (arms, legs, head, and torso and back).
1,7million poly at subdivision 5. Subdivision 1 has 6,8 thousand poly. With all clothes, project contains 7,4millions poly. Usualy I make the head
alone to have more polycount.
It was occasion for me to try making eyebrows with fibermesh. I hope they have decent look.

Attachments

_2d_cc_comp.jpg

Eyes have been painted.

Next step maybe, will be to find a pose/story, as well as refining anatomy, maybe continue colthes test, fibers tests. etc…

Girl model continuation

6.jpg
1.jpg
4.jpg

Attachments

_3comp.jpg

5.jpg