ZBrushCentral

Ferg's Sketchbook

anigroove - thanks!
pimento - I used a simple basemesh from 3dsmax, cut the hair into the sides with the slash2 and standard brushes, then used snakehook to spike out the top after that
fattkid - word dogg!
rayden2007 - thanks man!

here’s a sketchy study I did based off this badass piece of by Jeff Simpson - http://cghub.com/images/view/112204/

cheers!
beasts2.jpg

Nice!!

thanks sculptor.zb!

moar

spacederp.jpg

Attachments

spacederp_grey.jpg

quite nice man! I really like how you integrated the ear and horn together… could see some serious SSS enhancement in it’s future :wink:

reminds me a little of “beast” from “beauty and the…”

Love the wrinkles and folds on the last one :+1:

brojay: thanks, yeah agreed, SSS would kick it up to another level, I need to learn how to use ZB’s SSS rendering features after I get un-burnt-out on zbrush
/idkfa: thanks man :slight_smile:

latest doodles… last two def still need work, crits welcome!

[attach=247246]ferg-bugface.jpg[/attach]

[attach=247250]bugface2.jpg[/attach]

[attach=247252]skulltomopho5.jpg[/attach]

ZBC1.jpg
[attach=247254]suckface2.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

ferg-bugface.jpg

bugface2.jpg

skulltomopho5.jpg

suckface2.jpg

The suckface image is great! Good thread.

5 stars. :+1:

great sketchbook! nice work

Cap’n spacederp looks like he 's an old softie, but could mess you up if he needed to.:slight_smile: I like the colors on the insect guy!

WOW :eek: !!! !! incredible and unique work ferg. very inspiring man.

I’m in love with greenpinkpurple insect, did i see some movements in his mouth area :open_mouth:

How did you do his eyes? Last year I was making a bug, was trying to get hexagon eyes, but I couldnt figure out how. Now I would probably have done some sort of displacement for them, but back then I had no clue about anything.

The rest of the sculpts are nice too, just saw the punk with the blue face, i’m just saying omg.

:smiley:

Awesomely great!

Really love your Style … Congrats on some great work

whew the bitter-beer face guy is mind-altering :idea: like your style

i lurk…your work made me come out of lurking.

you sir are top row. went back through the thread and each page has a treat on it.

I hope you are getting paid for your skills because your imagination deserves patronage.

sexy bizniss yo!

your creation have a quirkiness which makes it fun to look at.

Sweet work, I like your style!!! keep em coming!

Wow! What a great body of work. Surprised I hadn’t seen this before.

Would love to see your work process. Got any timelapse movies?

Amazing sketches mate ! Really love your yellow thing, and the guy with the shrunked face. Excellent stuff ! Waiting to see more.

Keep up !