ZBrushCentral

Farewell to our friend, a ZScript Legend, Marcus Burgess!

Farewell Mark. You will be sorely missed. Thank you for all your marvelous contributions over the years. And thank you for writing/sending me custom Zscirpts when it wasn’t at all expected. You went above and beyond with your generosity.

And personally, it was quite a few versions after the Gizmo was introduced that I finally moved away from the Transpose Line. The Transpose design is a work of creative genius. But hey, I still use it all the time for measuring. :smile:

Take it handy, mate. Enjoy the retirement. :+1:

2 Likes

Marcus will be sorely missed. I am so grateful to him for his help.

I came to ZBrushcentral years ago trying to figure out how to script the import of certain data files: neuron morphology data from neuromorpho.org. This would allow medical illustrators and animators to create accurate neuron models from scientific data.I had already implemented this for another 3D app (Cinema4D), so I had the parsing and logic sketched out, but I struggled getting my Python brain to understand ZScript.

Marcus came along and essentially solved the whole problem, and graciously let me share the result with the world. Throughout he was kind and enthusiastic, and it would not have happened without his knowledge and guidance.

Thank you, Marcus!

If anyone is interested, the scripts are available here: https://github.com/NWoolridge/NeuronBuild

2 Likes

Thank you, Marcus!
You’ve helped me a lot through the years.
Best of luck to you.
Bonne Continuation!
cheers
Rafal

2 Likes

All the best on the new way Marcus, thank you for the help in the past :smiley:

2 Likes

Farewell Marcus!

It goes without saying that Zbrush, this community and CG art in general would not be what it is without you. You’ve helped hundreds of thousands with your hard work and generosity!

A true legend!

<3

2 Likes

Farewell Marcus,

The tools that you’ve developed really usefull to us, I really like use Transpose Master in my line of work. Thanks for develop this, one kind of a tool.

hope you have another year full of greatness ahead of you.

cheers.

1 Like

So Maxon will pay him Honorary Pension?

No, Transpose Master, no life!
No, SubTool Master, no life!
No, ZColor, no life!
all your answerings to people in zscript-help section
documantation
Those footprints will continue to help people future.

I’m really grateful those.
I really want to say thank you from my heart.:pray: