ZBrushCentral

Fabio's Sketchbook

As i’ve finished the last project i was working on, i’ll come back to finish this one.

Here are some ZB screenshots of them, i’ll make retouches in all of them in the end, the guy in the chair is the third and the last, there is a lot of things to do but i’ll try to get there till the weekend.

Hope you like it.

(This one will have a shirt :D)

How you get the folds looking so nice ?;f

Nice work!

Webhead- Thanks dude!

Sometime ago i’ve made a image for a buddy showing how i think when i’m sculpting cloths, so i’ll post it in here, hope it helps you and remember that practice and references are essential to get good results.

Take a look in here too.

I’ve made a image trying to show how i see these things, but remember that i can be totally wrong, but it works for me almost always.

The red ones are created by the tensions point.

The green ones are created by the lack of space, so the cloth tends to fold in this shape or something like this depending on the kind of fabric, until it’s sufficient accommodated.

The yellow is the kind of wrinkle that are always there, they are created by the constant bending of the knee, so it’s like a permanent wrinkle.

wrinkles_folds.jpg

This is a character i did a long ago and never posted before, i didn’t found the concept, but it was created by the artist Rael Lyra. I never finished it and when i was looking for the files in my HD i realized that i lost it and i’ll probably never finish it, it was created using Zspheres when the Dynamesh didn’t even exist, but hope you guys like it.

He’s a cool looking character, and nicely sculpted - as is the rest of your work.

Excellent stuff!

What are the main brushes you use for making folds? I mostly use standard, but find it hard to control as it tends to get blobby.

Francis Bezooyen - Thanks a lot!
nagulov- Thanks! Almost always i use the standard and the clay, but with a really low intensity, the clay i use it between 3-5 to have a better control.

Hi Guys,

This is a sculpture based on a sketch by Jean-Baptiste Monge from the book “À La Recherche de Féerie 2”. I’ve been willing to sculpt something based on his work for a long time, so i decided to sculpt this little guy.

As it was a sketch, i’ve made some modifications a bit different, but hope you guys like it.

Wonderful sculpt Fabio.

That is a hell of a good sculpt.

Thank you guy for this great tribute ! I love the way that you took with my little sketch there a great details and beautiful fine sculpt. I would be really excited to see, if you have time, a render with this piece. You understood very well the volume and the proportions of the drawing and you have added
nice and clever details. That is an amazing job, well done i Love it ! For me that deserve s TOP ROW but obviously i am not impartial :smiley:

All my Best

JB

Well … Mr Monge said it himself - great job:)

I’m Jalous, this work is totally in the spirit of the original sketch, and I’m jalous for the comment of JB Monge !!
You don’t have choice now … you’ve to finish it :wink:

Beautiful work!

Wow, I love everything about this - the folds, the wrinkles, the feathers, the muttonchops… awesome details on an awesome sculpt!

ioster, vlad74, Francis Bezooyen, paco0013, pixelbudah, nagulov - Thanks, really glad you like it.

jbmonge - First of all, Thanks a lot!

This was my reaction when i saw your post.

I’m really glad you like it. Unfortunately i won’t be able to make a textured version.
As i didn’t have too much time to work on him, i knew that i won’t be able to make a textured version. So the main goal was to make a good sculpture.

It was a hard task to choose one of them to work on, but i already have some others in mind that i could use for further studies with fur and feathers:)

I’ll try to post some pictures with the process tomorrow.

Thanks a lot!

Fun reaction I love that HAHA !
Unfortunately i have the same probleme with the time to finish pieces of sculpt. 24 hours in a day is not sufisant lol
best
JB

jbmonge - I have a lot of sculpts that i never finished, but the last ones that i’ve made, i tried to start something that i knew that i would have time to finish. Cheers.

Hi guys, i’ve made these images showing the process of the last sculpt and some tips. Hope it’s useful to you guys.

Process_02.jpg
Process_03.jpg
Process_04.jpg

Thanks for the breakdown, nice worflow !
I ve noticed that the zremesher worked better if you use twice too ( many loops bug) .
You did the render after a decimate i guess ( no uvs )and with vray, i m right ?