ZBrushCentral

Exploring idea of using mobile device to tumble object while sculpting

I was watching on Oculus Medium video where an artist was tumbling an object around with their left hand with a controller, and sculpting with their right hand. I like the fluidness of the tumbling and wondered if an external device could control object tumbling inside zbrush while sculpting with a pen.

I was thinking a mobile device could work, similar to how it can be used for camera tracking in unreal or unity. You hold the phone and as you move and rotate it, those motions are replicated in zbrush with the object. As if you were holding it in real life.

I had a 3d space navigator in the past which had no support at the time, but I see there is now progress there so I am assuming it could possibly be done. I would imagine this would probably provide the most fluid and natural feel for object tumbling.

I would imagine a zplugin and a mobile app would be required, and need to talk to each other. Unreal or unity could be used to capture the motion and send it to the plugin. I have dont have experience with writing plugins so I am not sure on the zbrush side.

Any thoughts or ideas on how this could be done? Or even if it’s worth pursuing, or if its just weird.