ZBrushCentral

Error "Locked main mem in list-out..."

Hello,
I have an older file, which lets zBrush always crash, when I try to save.
I googled and found only very old threads, without solution.

Is that caused from a bad (corrupt) subtool?
Or Does it have to do with memory preferences?
I have 96GB RAM, so memory will for sure not be the problem.

Thanks

Locked Main mem in list-out onject

EDIT: I deleted a certain subtool and then it worked and solved it for me.
But if there is any other explanation, please let me know :wink:

File could just be too old/incompatible, file could be corrupt, file could be too large, disk may not have enough space to work with it, individual subtool within file could be corrupt or problematic or too large.

Technical issues need to be directed at Pixologic Support. The users that post on the comminuty forums here are not equipped to assist you with system specific technical issues.

I get this problem from time to time and i don’t know why, it happens when i save, sometimes i can open the file, other times i can’t, maybe i have too many subtools(44) but i set everything at the lowest division and i dont have that many polygons to say it’s running out of memory. Using 64GB RAM, over 100 GB disk space on all partitions, for the life of me i don’t know how to fix it, it does the same thing on some files on different versions of Zbrush.
The Geometry size is set to over 6 on XYZ on one mesh so i’m not sure if that’s whats causing it, it is however causing Zmodeler to weld edges automatically.

Have no idea what causes it, maybe i should export everything as an OJB on the highest level and then reimport in a brand new fresh scene.

Hello,

Follow the guide to fix, if fix confirm here

1. zbrush folder installed in drive C, if you see the internal error its looking for a file located at
    d:\sourcecode\pixelogicdev\zbrushdev\src\list.cpp list.cpp is c++ file, means the error is not connected in Zbrush installed directory folder.
  2. to fix create “list.cpp” file using notepad and save as .cpp file and save in directory d:\sourcecode\pixelogicdev\zbrushdev\src\
  3. close your Zbrush and try again
1 Like

Thanks for the info, I found the issue, basically I had lots of layers on the body of a character that was divided to over 20 mil polys and was reusing it on other characters. I ended up baking all the layers and never got that error again.

1 Like

if ever you encounter again try this

1. Go to Program Files> ZBrush or ZBrush Folder
  2. Right Click ZBRush.exe click Properties
  3. Under Compatibility Tab
  4. Tick Compatibily Mode and Select Windows 8