ZBrushCentral

Elite Soldier

lol…I agree with master neville…
I love the concept and love that jetpack and the helmet…

First off all, thank you for the plug!! i amm sooo happyy!! :smiley:

@Pumumu: thank youu bert! its a really fun challenge and i do learn a lot from this character.

@mdale13, henrysouth : thank u so much guys, and to henry south, the leather is actually pretty straightforward. I created the base mesh, take it to ZB, but before any kind of detail, i use simple brushes to sculpt out the volumes first. Only when i am satisfied with the volume, then i added the leather folds, and finally high frequency details. As for the high frequency detail of the leather, i used a lot of real leather photos and applied that as alpha in ZB. Hope that helps! :smiley:

@freewaldo, LittleDedder,Piz: Thank u so much guys for the nice comments. :wink:

@Eonsuu: Thanks man, I started the base mesh in XSI, and then sculpt it out in ZB. I will be posting my base mesh some of the tools in closer shot now.

@Zindrome: Sweettt! Thank you for your nice words!

@Threetails, Alexleia : Thank you so much guys! Alexxxxx, how are you doing man? I love your work too. My favourite is your last character, its soo coooolll!

@Skull_Monster: hehehehe, the glass is kinda weird. I started making a real nice smooth glass, but then later on, it went through couple of changes and i think i actually made it worse. I will absolutely fix it when i have the chance. But, definitely an honor to have you look at my work! thank you sir!

@Thaole,dlb,animastur: thank you so muchhh guyss!!

@Monstermaker: Absolute honor too to have you look at my work. Thank you somuch sir!

@Baker17,gookle,skinnybonez,3dean,intervain: Thank you guysss!! i really appreciate the nice comments!

@XSI apprentice:thank you dude. Well, i did think of texturing him at first.but i have decided to actually move on to a new model . hehehe!

@Sebcesoir: woww , its really cool to see you comment! i absolutely admire your art too! your attention to detail is really really inspiring!

@Stalsby: thank you dude! i havent actually made the normal map for this model. but its all done in ZB3.1.

@Ranz Cross:Thank you for the nice words. I will be posting my base mesh and also some close up on some of the gadgets.

@JonasCarnes: Thank you very much!

@BrettSinclair:You will see it after this post but thank u for the nice words.

@Aumakua,nightwoodwolf,alonso varela: thank you so much guys for the great words.

@Willbrown1,alancamara,plakkie,smeagol,JackalGer: Thank you thank you guys. As for Smeagol, yes, i will be posting the base mesh after this post. Thank you again guys!

@CoryCosper,DerekFrenzo:Actually as i was sculpting him, i do start to think its looking like lost planet! hahahhah! i love that game so much! thank you guys!

@Neville: WOWW! i cant believe you look at my work! I actually loveee the designn too!! I think Rodney Fuentebella really did an awesome design.
However, i absolutely admire your skill sir! Its really an honor to have you saying real nice words about my work! thank you so much!

@Drummer: Thank you ! :smiley:

@undoZ: thank you , the polycount is basically insane…heheh! my machine at home used to be pretty powerful but thats like 2 years ago. I am running AMD opteron with 7800 gtx cards.

@SonOfRichard: thank you soo muchhhhh!!!

now for the base mesh, I actually started with a really simple base mesh but as i go along, Rodney and I discussed a lot about the design and so it actually went through a lot of changes. Namely the design of the backpack was not originally like that, the gloves details, the boots went some design changes too, grenades on his jacket was not on the original design, etc. So all the new stuff thats decided after i completed the base mesh, i usually just use zbrush primitives and go from there. As for the hard edge modeling, I used alphas and masking everywhereeeee! heheheheh! of course a huge amount of patience has to come with it. :smiley: Like the backpack, its basically a real simple base mesh with simple shape. What i did was, i first sculpted out the mass and volume that would match the design of the backpack. Once i started to feel like its there, i would then start to think which part would be on the root of the detail. cause that will be the first that i mask and so on. Same thing goes for the boots.

Again, Thank you so muich for viewing guys! I really appreciate it!Whole_Front.jpgWhole_Back.jpgBootsStarting.jpgBootsComplete.jpgBackPackStarting.jpgBackPackComplete.jpgHeadAreaStarting.jpgHeadFinished.jpg

wow mama mia!!! 100 stars, dang detail off the HOOK!

that model is so freakin sick, fab! I honestly thought you made a bunch of models and crash the geo together before :smiley:
I really admire your attention to detail and your patience.

WoW! superb, the detail is fascinating :wink:

AMAZING work man!

Could u tell me what material did u use in the first detailed-mesh shoot?
I rlly like it!

Very nice. I’m jealous :slight_smile:

I like the concept. I like the stark, barren feel to the sculpt. So many images of sci-fi, comics, old films came racing though my minds eye, it was wonderful. You’ve captured something here. :wink:

Awesome sculpting! Nice work!:+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :grimacing:

Anderson Soares
www.gendragon.com

looks great man, I really enjoy the textures.

Bryan Wynia

wow…some freaking awsome work here…
great attention to detail:grimacing:

Great work :+1: :+1:

Wicked Cool work, how long did it take you?

Amazing and inspirational. I’m glad you threw down some of your base meshes. I’m always intrested in seeing that stuff. It seems like you could Z-mapper the guy and have an awesome game model with about 8-9k tris.

It will be cool to see if you throw some textures on the guy.:smiley:

Congrats - an incredible sculpt. And Rodney’s concept drawing is great too.

Wow! Thats intense! Thanks for the low res views. Doing that type of detail must be a nightmare!

Damn !!! EXCELLENT Stuff Man !!

you’re doing it from a simple base mesh like that…
wow…that’s need a lot of passion…hahaha :smiley:

Congratz !! Great stuff !!

Wow, fantastic work man - really solid and highly detailed sculpture.

I’m just curious - what’s the final poly count?

Good work! How many polygons in the model?