ZBrushCentral

Earthtribers Sketchbook

Thanks mjolnir… hes coming along well

have really been playing with zbrush till now and want to take this model to
completion… not that I wont complete the others but need a well
finished portfolio piece for my new web site.

I have a few questions about this model…

I would like this figure to be smoking a pipe sat on a tree base I have soooo
many sub tools now with all these feathers and bits any suggestions as to
how i can group them to make them sculpt-able still I suppose try to make
them one tool and separate polys would make sense I also would like to
make each feather more individual :confused: a lot of work there I would also like
the base of each feather to be way more fluffy…

hoping to have the final work finished with painting in photoshop

and clothing would like to make very ceremonial and pattern based I have
been searching for good tuts on cloth and clothes any good links would be
much appreciated :)…

upper torso has been worked to what I would call a good level… I want
the body to not look crazy cut with muscles he is an elder but I also want a
respectable level of fitness… clearly not a junkfood man here so i think this
is a good form that I have now…

I am new to anatomy and any glaring mistakes you see please tell me!!

thanks very much
for looking…

[native.jpg]

just trust your gut. seems to be working for you so far. : )

[native.jpg]native body.jpg

I would say I am happy with this anatomy now. knowing the skill level here I am interested to see what you guys think! I will try to make good set of moccasins for his feet so will not try to make toes considering I did not put it into the low rez topo…

right now clothing searching for a good technique any tutorial links much appreciated… really want to take this one to the top of my abilities and if possible just a little beyond!!

critiques very welcomed and thanks mjolnir I did go for the feathers being one tool which freed me up and ment i could repeat the tool append it getting way more form and shape to the headdress…

I also have a pipe under construction now… very exciting how on earth do I go about retopoing the feathers now… seems like a lot of time to do that beasty but at 6 million polys its just under half the polys of the whole model… and is a must to make room for the coming clothing…

Great ! Love the head and the feathers. Don’t forget too add some asymetry to the face later on. :wink:
On point i’ll should notice on the body is on the arm, inside the elbow. You should rework this area, you have something too sharp here.
But overall it’s great !

Thanks hellgrind worked the elbow down a little… after years of art and art college it took zbrush for me to really want to learn anatomy more… and you guys here are a huge inspiration the level of work on this site is truly phenomenal!!

been working on the clothing a necklace and some moccasins for my chief today I am thinking that the detailing of the clothes will help this model come together..... hope you like it... critiques advice welcomed :) [![native.jpg|764x573](upload://cF1ZhmVqa7EVXM1esl1PTc8UHb2.jpeg)]![nativedet.jpg|764x573](upload://wpZxTr8q2QXNiSCg1bxYIzrsQSD.jpeg)

Attachments

nativemocc.jpg

That is a goal of International Interest and Has Grant oportunities written all over it.
As for my opinion, You have a unique style which is a mix of realism and Characature. As a result of the blend you may have 2 audiences. One may want more reference and Anatomy and the other may want More humor. Its a difficult mix to pull off - yet If you can - That would be great - I suggest to research your target audience.

There is an artist That you may want to reference ( Winold Reiss ) He spent time with the Blackfeet in Montana I think you would enjoy his work.

Your detailed sculpts of the Native and women are very strong – If you want Email me and we can talk reference galore - I have 30 years in Native American Art - and I have links and reference coming out of my ears…

Great sculptures - You are heading to a wonderful place - Keep going.

Thanks medicinehorse7 I have pm’d you that figure is coming along ok
need to find time to create the scenary now for him to be placed and
need to tuck into the clothing… got a lot to learn…

been commissioned for a massive mural which I want to integrate
zbrush art. The commission is for a space scene and I have been
playing with the new tools epecially edge looping and poly paint (which
are incredible!) and been working on a space ship which I plan to
project onto this massive canvas and paint the image from Zbrush
direct to the wall… once commission up and running I will timelapse
everything including the painting and run as a separate thread… here
are the first test ships…

[space test.jpg]minasotta spaceship test.jpg

[space bunnythumb.jpg]space bunny render 2#.jpg

Attachments

rab transpose.jpg

space rabbit.jpg

[space bunny render 3#.jpg]

hello man u have going some nice works here, the apache old guy really rocks…i think his face is very well achived :+1:
and i think your latest sculpt is a very good exercise i feel like trying something similar in order to practice the new tools…but just cant find the time…
keep going man!!

Thanks Jorge My elder has been plodding forward… struggling
to repose him with his clothing on masks seem to have a mind of there
own… thinking that perhaps I should pose him with out clothing then
remake it for the posed figure… and the arm tassels are proving to be
a big no no so those are a definite re-sculpt post posing…

here is a face from a female character I have been commissioned to
make… excited about this one she is going to be part of a mural I am
painting also so could be something new to see soon… commission will
begin fully next year and they want a 30ft by 10ft tall mural for a
gaming centre…

also attached some of the latest pics from the elder including one with
materials applied to get ideas

[![startupdocument.jpg|1200x1094](upload://tDTOOQUyyulYzttIyWbXKJtL3tn.jpeg)]![native american with colour.jpg|1200x1094](upload://zQvgNAEp8zdkDsTaZVhsoLbhnBg.jpeg)

Can’t wait to see how your Indian chief turns out! Great design!

thanks kongni… me too haha struggled with the clothing on him trying to work out how to pose him and his loose fabric here is another wip got loads on the go which are sitting in various drives really enjoying where this one is headed…

[DJ AIR.jpg](javascript:zb_insimg(‘179352’,‘DJ%20AIR2.jpg’,1,0))

Attachments

DJ AIR2.jpg

I’ve really been enjying your sketchbook ever since you started it…great imagination…:+1:
Nice concept…the female rapper dj …I think that’s what they are called. Anyway…shows how updated I am on the new music scene…:smiley:
Good luck on your new mural project…Great when you get a chance to work big in realife…:slight_smile:
Putting the cart before/in front of the horse.:grimacing: .Live and learn as they say,.:smiley: … I hope you get a chance to work out the kinks in the old chief…my favorite so far…:slight_smile: :+1:

Hey Earthtriber!
This last one is looking really good so far :+1:
Going to follow it closely :slight_smile:

[thumb.jpg]Zfairy direct bronze.jpg

Attachments

junkyard med front render bronze.jpg

thumb.jpg

junkyard bronze fairy.jpg

see through 3.jpg

I really like your work!

thanks very much sazdum.

[render front assassin thumb.jpg](http://javascript<b></b>:zb_insimg(‘215284’,‘render clothes pre weapons.jpg’,1,0))

Attachments

render front assassin.jpg

render clothes pre weapons.jpg

Very nice work!