ZBrushCentral

Dynamesh resolution won't go higher

Hi all,

I’m having a problem with dynamesh, no matter what I do the resolution of the mesh doesn’t go higher that ~2 million polygons. I’m modelling for 3d printing so it’s pretty important for dynamesh to work properly.

I tried unifying the scale, increasing the scale, I’m also aware of that sometimes it needs the mesh to update by making a small change but none of them worked. And that’s not just one model, I have this problem on every mesh I try to dynamesh.

I’m using 2021.5.1, and my system is ryzen 5 3200 cpu, rtx 3060 gpu and 32 gb ram.

I recorded a video of the problem, I hope it will be helpfull.

Hi @Supernaut

Can’t answer the Dynamesh issue specifically but if your purpose for Dynameshing is to weld everything together for 3D printing whilst retaining the original detail then an alternative is to Boolean the pieces together. Use Live Boolean if the pieces are subtools or Gizmo:Remesh by Union if the pieces are in one subtool. Only the intersections of pieces will have new topology. The rest remains as per the original. Also any geometry on the interior will be removed. Then you can Decimate to whatever polycount your 3D printer can deal with.

On the Dyamesh issue, try scaling the model up by 10 first. The tiny increase you’ve shown doesn’t really add much. I’ve had better results getting more out of Dynamesh by large scale ups. Ten is convenient for increasing and then decreasing back to the original size. Scale with the Gizmo or set Geometry:Size to ten times bigger than what’s already there. Scale back down when done.

Good Luck.

Thank you so much for the reply, I didn’t know about Remesh by Union feature, while it can’t replace dynamesh it’s a good alternative.

I tried increasing the size but no difference unfortunately, and if I increase the size too much then I get this error,
fghfgdf

Sorry, can’t help with that. Never seen that warning message before and I can’t even conceive of how it could happen with an increase in scale.

Hopefully one of the Pixologic team here can help or perhaps Start a Conversation with Pixologic Support

I guess I’ll do that. Thanks anyway!

Does the Dynamesh Resolution Picker in 2022 help? You should be able to download it free from your account page?
https://pixologic.com/my-licenses/

Hello, I’m having the same problem you had with dynamesh. Did you solve the problem? Could you help me, please?

Hi,

Unfortunately I couldn’t find any solution for this. I use Remesh by union, which is not ideal but better than nothing.

It seems like it depends on the complexity of the mesh, if I dynamesh a cube it can go up to 10-15 million polys, but if I try to dynamesh a full character (has the same size as the cube) it doesn’t do beyond a few millions.

So sorry, I can’t help you. But if anyone knows what’s wrong, I’m still open to any suggestions.