ZBrushCentral

Durga - Traditional Clay Sculpture - (Digital Sculpture) - by Surajit Sen

Durga -Digital Sculpture
I have been inspired by the Traditional Clay Sculpture of Kumortuli (Kolkata,India).Every year before Durga Puja travellers from all around the world visit kumartuli to click pictures of Goddess Durga idol making processes…
and while returning they take a memento (a face sculpture of The Goddess with full decorations) with them.These sculptures are made by the finest artisans in kumartuli.I have tried to create a digital version of that magnificent sculpture.

Every year the Potters of Kumortuli bring the larger than life idols of Goddess Durga into life with their brilliant craftsmanship.The statues are usually sculpted over a framework of bamboo and sticky clay found on the banks of river Ganges.The faces of the idols are cast separately and attached later to the main statue.The process of hand-painting the statues is the magnificent part of the process which begins later.

Follow me on #artstation to see my more creations / breakdown.
https://www.artstation.com/surajitsen

Durga_Digital_Sculpture_SurajitSen_Oct2022_WIP3 Durga_Digital_Sculpture_SurajitSen_Oct2022_WIP4

#surajitsen #artist #indianartist #digitalsculpting #study #durgasculpture #durgartwork

1 Like