ZBrushCentral

Duke Nukem Forever Characters

Just wanted to point out that it is you, and your opinion that is trying to make him seem “untrustworthy” and a “bad business person”. How do you know that he is breaking any type of law or agreement? You must be one of those people who do everything “by the book” and would love the chance to snap at some one for not following the rules. Maybe you should have been a police officer or a judge.

Hey! amazing work man…:grimacing:

Well sucks your out of now, hopefully you’ll land somewhere soon.:wink:

edit: not to keep bringing this subject, but I’m reading all these “rumors” that Microsoft bought out 3d Realms?, and apparently might have an E3 announcement that they might be bringing the game exclusively for the x360.

That would be rad, then all the work would not be lost. Hopefully they re-hire the same artists but what are the chances of that :confused: .

TOP ROW!!! HOLYCRAP!!! Thanks guys!

Awesome work Skelly!

Very nice work!

I like the monsters, details and all. Great use of anatomy on Duke. I know what you mean about the “keep it close to the original” thing… I hope you make your own variation when you get time :smiley:

Sorry about your company shutting its doors. Best of luck!

Would love to see a side by side of the hi and lo rez Octobrains.

Hi Mark,

nice stuff, although I hope you made more models in the 2 years
you were there.

If anyone is interested in a possible reason DNF took so long to make:

http://gamingisstupid.com/2007/12/17/the-chair-story-original/
(and read the whole thing before coming back to flame or anything)

Cheers

-Koyima

Nice work. I love the Octo Brain. The head part sort of reminds me of the face huggers in Alien.
I understand what cookepuss is saying though. I do a TON of work for Disney and BuenaVista and we’re not allowed to post ANYTHING no matter how low-resolution it is. We’re not even allowed to show it on our site after it’s been printed and out in the public eye. Yes, it sucks but the alternative is worse. They’ll just go somewhere else. I think cookepuss was just trying to give you a professional bit of advice. It’s hard when you’re in a creative field not to show stuff in your portfolio. How do you show what you can do when you’re under contract not to show it? It’s like needing an ID to get an ID.

Well, here’s the thing, what cookepuss doesn’t understand is I asked 3drealms. They said “please don’t post any in-game shots or models”, which I didnt. They don’t care about the highrez stuff, that stuff doesnt give away of the engine tech or look of anything. But cookepuss just assumed I was breaking the rules. He should probably just keep to his own business!

Marks I TRULY hope you get back working very soon (personally, I have little doubt after scooping my chin off the floor)

Your buddy George has (supposedly) TURNED DOWN 30 million to Take Two for the Duke I.P. so whatever the reasoning, that tells me SOMEONE is going to pick up the game, period. What it sells for, and to who is irrelevent at this point. No way it’s going to die. And I would only imagine that if such a move does happen soon, it would only make sense to rehire as many as possible from the original team to ensure a smooth transition and a quick rampup. Perhaps only adding some months to the planned development.

We all have our collective fingers crossed for Duke, and especially for you and your family!

Marks: you’re welcome for the top row, and we invite you to ask your co-workers to post what they did with ZBrush here at ZBC :slight_smile:
I saw some nice other works on various blogs :slight_smile:

Thanks for showing us this man, as many other i was dying to play this game, you know we have been waiting 13 years no lol, so my question is, is this really over?? we wont have a chance to play this at all? good luck with your job hunt i think youll have no problem and btw i hope this post remains art related only from now on :roll_eyes:

If you dont mind me asking, what was left to finish on this game? How much (percentage wise) was the game complete? It looks like the major characters are done, and highly polished might I add. Im looking at some shots online of levels designs. I assume at this point the plot was pretty much done.

Aside from gameplay and some content, this looks like something that if finished a lot of fans would buy.

If someone bought out the rights to the game… :cough: Electronic Arts :cough: … and put a reasonable production schedule of less than 12 years onto the game, they could probably turn a profit on what they bought it for.

Business jargon aside, nice models. Its a shame that they may never come to life in-game for all to enjoy.

Not to joke about your current employment situation, but all you guys that got let go should just steal the game and finish it on your own. LOL. Seems like so much work gone to waste to not finish it.

Cool work dude,
Don’t let the company man get you down.

amazing stuff mate!! sorry to hear about the studio thing.
congrats on the top row. well deserved!

yeah, congrats on the well diserved TOP ROW!

I hope the news of Microsoft buying 3d realms and publishing Duke nuke becomes true … really the game is worth it and have a ton of fans around the world including myself …

Marks awesome work and you really deserve this TOP ROW, I m sure u ll get a job soon you have talent man… congratulations!!

fekkin awesome work marks. The renders are flawless. Sucks the big one that you lost your job and the game lost momentum though. Anyway, congrats on top row.

BTW, do you have more work posted anywhere? The link you posted previously is dead.

good luck

very solid work there,i digg the the muscle forms,the octabrain is nice too,

need more eye candy!!!