ZBrushCentral

du Rose Gallery

Thank you all very much for your kind words.

birbal1987, The snake is partially hand sculpting for the head etc and partly patterning using UVs & Alphas and then hand sculpted again.

Hi Jack:
Congratulations on your top row, yesterday I spent the whole afternoon and part of the night thinking about how did you do the curves of the hair of the lion or the tentacles of the octopus and then you gave the exact measurements to put the stones.Do you do all this kind of curves in rhino or export it like subtools to Rhino to correct measurements?-
If you can or want to respond I will understand.
Sorry, but until Carrera y Carrera or Boucheron not like as much a piece of Jewelry.

Thanks and sorry for disturb your work

Thank you Chaman, I’m afraid there is nothing clever about it, it’s just slow and careful work using zspheres and sculpting followed by retopology and further sculpting and adjustment. I sometimes use some reference objects for sizing, on use Go-z to measure, but a lot is also done by eye. Hope that helps! :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot for your help. yep! for me is the same method or similar.
thanks a lot Jack.

really beautiful work and great concepts.
I like the humor of the frog piece, but the octopus is my all time favorite!

Thanks for sharing these ‘making of’ pictures, that is really nice to see!
Pixologic should do an artist interview with you.

Incredible.

Another pic for you guys.

The Jellyfish rings have a party trick. Real Jellyfish are sometimes bioluminescent, so for the jellyfish rings I used fluorescent rubies and diamonds so that under UV light they glow!

img1922mv.jpg

Hermosas y fantasticamente bello tu trabajo.
Beautifuland stunninglybeautifulyour work
Belle et d’une beauté éblouissante de votre travail.

Congrats on getting on the top row! Your work is really fantastic/ inspiring, the jelly fish with the UV reactive stones blew me away. I was curious about what material you used to print for your final prototype for casting. I have done some experiments with the different materials we have available to print with at my school, most of them being different types of plastics, and I have run in to some problems in the burn out phase. I have noticed with hollow prints they really don’t like to burn out nicely. They expand in the mold, which can some times damage it, and like to leave residue behind which just makes for a messy cast.

So I’m guessing yours are solid prints and it would just make sense if you print with the sprues already attached, unless you like to do them by hand. But I don’t know what the best material to print with for casting. If you could help me out I would be greatly appreciated, and once again awesome work!

Thats amazing! Awesome work!

Care to share any tips how you made the faceted jewels in some of your pieces?

Thanks Stambo, I suspect your problem is that you are simply using the wrong type of rapid prototyping. The most commonly used systems include machines by Solidscape and Envisiontec. Depending on the type of work you are doing you could also consider milling in wax. In most cases however, I find overall the Envisiontec to be about the best rapid prototyping system for casting because of its high resolution, smooth finish and easy burnout.

very nice Pieces !! good work :+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

Beauty pics! Please Jack, more close-up pics of the snake with enamels and the ring with the frog. thanks a lot for share the process.

…indeed !:+1:

You have great style. I have always loved works that have some order in shapes, but still have that “random” flow in them. Some of Your works have “weight” in them and still the shapes make them fluent. In general I’m not a fan of “heavy” jevelery, but these are awesome.

I’m not wery good with words, but I really like Your works :slight_smile:

stunning work my friend…
I don’t know if I’ll ever feel good about calling the things I make jewelry again. lol
Absolutely staggering, truly masterful fabrication.

I keep trying to convince the metal smiths i work around that we can build things like this.
now i just need the budget to do it hahaha…
for years now I’ve been trying to prove this is a dynamic tool to be used in jewelry and most people have hated me for it, complaining about how impractical my designs are. trying to make expensive art jewelery is hell…

but you are the proof my friend.
now i just have to step up my game.

thanks,
t

The blue spotted octopus is incredible! Reminds me of the tattoo I designed for my arm…
http://flic.kr/p/vCnggOctopusTattoo.jpg

Good GOD!
Ive been around ZBC a few years now, and I dont remember being quite as comprehensively blown away as I am right now! Mouth hanging open, slightly dazed feeling, the whole bit!
This is amazingly inspiring, and a wonderful peek into the future of digital art and its uses, I think there is definitely a market niche for tutorial DVDs on jewellery, particularly in ZBrush, where every nuance and detail one can imagine can be realised.
I wait with bated breath for more photos and details of your truly exciting work, congratulations and good luck!
:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

Hello Jack,
How are you ?

Really amazing and inspiring works, congrats !

Hey Jack!! Nice to see you here! your works are fantastic!!! :+1: