ZBrushCentral

Dragon personal project

Hi, everyone! I was impressed by those amazing dragons in GOT.
My goal was to create a full body dragon, so I’ve spent some time learning about their anatomy, scale sculpting and texturing for this creature. Because of scale of that creature I had to split him in 7 udims and split him in groups in Zbrush for more details on each part. This dragon was really challenging, but one of the biggest challange was to make rigging for his eyes because of it’s shape and that membrane going under his eyelids. Created in Zbrush, rigged and animated in 3DS Max, textures made in Substance Painter and Vray for rendering. Can’t wait to see what’s coming next on “House of the Dragon”.
Hope you like it!

32 Likes

Very nice @PredragKrishan, huge amount of details!!! love the turntable :+1:
Jaime

2 Likes

Thanks!!! Yes, it was hard to make it but I really enjoyed in every moment of it.

1 Like

What an amazing piece. Thank you for sharing. It’s great to see you back here at ZBrushCentral.

1 Like

Awesome work! :clap: :clap:

1 Like

Really beautiful sculpture and animation!

1 Like

Thank you guys a lot!!! I’m so glad that you like it.

Great job, really nice, dynamic animation ! I always appreciate “anatomical correct” dragons, similar in body shape to pterosaurs or bats with 2 wings and 2 legs instead of the 6 limbs in the fantasy variety. Of course they are all imaginary, but anatomy should always make logical sense.

1 Like

What a cool gragon!!

1 Like

Thanks!!!

Fantastic work!!! Love the presentation and the change at the end showing the close up!!

1 Like

Wow! Just wow! :star_struck:

1 Like

Thank you so much!!!

Great work. Interesting. Have you tried creating scales on dragon body and tail using imm brushes a s scales and dynamesh them with body then zremesher and project details if needed. Used vdm brushes? Pease guide me for using I’m m as scales. Will it dynamesh perfect ly? Thanks for sharing. Great job​:innocent::+1:

1 Like

Here is a great tutorial how to make scales from Gael Kerchenbaum Gaël Kerchenbaum making of "Release the beast" – Texturing.xyz. What I did is very similar to this and you can see a small making of here https://www.artstation.com/artwork/aGLy8k. Many of the scales were made by myselfe as I wanted this dragon to be similar to GOT dragons. There was a lot of additional painting scales to make diversity and the scales on his chest were made as a separate object as are the hornes and nails…

1 Like

Thanks for sharing!

1 Like