ZBrushCentral

Dragon Age : Art work by Ryan Lim

Definitely excellent works! Gives a lot of inspiration. Now im enjoying the game and creatures that u put in there!
P.S Already added to “inspiration” folder.

Hi Folks!!!

Wow, I got the Top row, I didn’t expect that I got, which is great hounor to me.
and your comment was absolutely hounor, I would like to say “thank you for every one” who gave me a comment and star.

this Top row has lots of meaning to me. it hard to tell about the story but it’s like you say " I’m going to right way during past." so, I’m very happy what I got .

I will try to make reply every single comment. so don’t hesitate to ask me
( but can’t answer about deep question regarding company tech, hope you understand )

and again thank you so much everyone

PS. my website got very low limit for streaming ( 500m for a day )
so it’s down 3times already since I post it in zbrush central. I’m working on back to normal. so if you can’t visit my site, plz come back later. :slight_smile:

Teyon : I didn’t do the concept art for this character but he’s wearing kinna togo which made by stone. because he can use the magic spell :slight_smile:

atin22 : thanks you so much!

jaganar : yeap you’re right, he is the magical creature during the combat. he’s crystal make hime stronger. I’m glad that people like what I made thanks!

Beneto : wow thanks, it’s honoured comment, someone decide to play the game because of my art work. thank you so much to do it and hope you like it! I will work hard for next.

alphagsv : thank you so much, thank you!

OctoBoom : thanks! hope that you got great thing from it.

nero5150 : usually less than month, can’t tell more deeply

DBriggs : I’m glad that I got lots of question from passionable people. shale is very complex creature from first version of concept, as a creture modeler should redesign it for 3D. I had lot of meeting with animator and rigger ( animation limit, attack animation, magic animation etc ) all of the animation should work without problem so you need to do those job for them.
and the high dragon got more poly limit than any others but the number is depend on the engine, so lots of conversation with enginner as well. as you see the modeler is not just making model who should have lots of responsiblity what you made. hope that you got right answer.

Griever : wow it’s honour that you got inspiration from my work.

adio38 : I didn’t do the trailer which made by blur as I believe ( might wrong ), I love the High Dragon trailer even if it’s got a slighty differnet concept. Luv it! thanks for the comment! I will try to keep up better work!

manzarek123 : thx! I will work hard for next stunning work!

Am3D : it’s great honour to be top row. thank for cheer me up!

Belal Saeed : Thank you, I wish that game is doing great.

kunalsarkar1984 : I had a hard time with him, but it was great time as well. thank you like my model but also texture!

TheHAwk4 : thank for the comment, wish that you’ll have great time with game. not much of company do the creature but I love this job. Unfutunatly, there is no shortcut and answer only thing you can trust is yourself. no one know much about you, so ask youself if your mind say “not enough”, shouldn’t stop to practice, that why I’m still practice zbrush.

mjolnir : thank like my work. wish that you’ll have fun time with.

zber2 : been this bussiness for a while since 2001, so I believe that I have little skill, but still practing, thanks!

Gnaffe : :smiley:

jmenna : thanks!

wayniac : thanks for the comment, I was working on him with Zbrush 3.1, I don’t have great brush like 3.5, if I had it it will be great for time save, only thing I can say zbrush flat brush was great tool for him. and the render in 3Dmax. sorry can’t tell more in detail.

yangyiyao : thank you! :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

Maxter : wow. it’s honour thanks!

Locusta : thanks, but I’m afraid that I show too much it here. what you so is same in the game.

Etcher : thanks! and it’s honour to be top row, concept is not on me but he will happy to hear.

Avan-AMS : thanks!

Andwew : sound like lot of people got inspiration from it, it’s honour! thanks

CapAmerica : wow thanks! I should work hard for next project. for your inspiration folder! thank you so much like my works!

real nice work on the dragon, good looking details and scales… keep em comming.

Just…amazing… Thank you for taking time posting these.

Incredible stuff man and what a shame that the game engine/game assets dont do your work justice. I bet you could have even spent 1/3rd the time detailing this work to bring it to the level of detail that the game actually is able to show. Next gen, DA isnt.

Fantastic work! I actually started playing the game a few days ago and kinda hooked hehe.

I’m currently working on a bunch of games models, but am not sure whats the best way to create games characters. For these models do you make a base mesh for zbrush, then sculpt it in Zbrush, then import it back to max/maya and make the game mesh and then bake out the maps from there? If so, do you have to optimize the sculpts mesh so it doesnt crash max/maya. Or do you do it a different way?

beautifull design and skill… you got a lot of imagination! Congratulations for the top row!

Excelent job! Inspiring work! Makes me wanna become a monster!!! :smiley:
:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

Amazing work. I love Bioware art <3

played the game this weekend, your rage demons kicked the hell out of my party,
totally badass design!!!:D:+1:

excellent pieces of work!

I just wish we could see even more stuff like yours being posted more frequently in here.

Where are the NaughtyDog guys and the excellent work done in Uncharted 2?:roll_eyes:

Congrats!!! very inspiring.

Dude, im blomn away, total carnage. My personal fav is the rockman.

Must be great to have a good modeler zbrusher like you.

Topnotch :+1:

awesome man… its really inspiration for me… i wish i can join some cool project like this :frowning:

i play dragon age, very addicted… love the game…
does bioware looking for character artist at the moment ? :wink:

Cheers,

im looking at this thread again, i love it so much.

mutte696 : thanks! it was the one of the longest project, I’m glad that I can see my work in game. thank for the comment, I will keep it up!

Eonsuu : thank you! it took a little time to do it, wish that help the game well.

hyper_Z : I stongly agree with your opinion, wish that I have better tech, cuz it’s exactly same asset what you see in-game. I didn’t retouch any thing in asset, just did render with illustration. hope next DA will have it.

McCarthy86 : tha’s the sensitive questioin regarding company pipeline. so I couldn’t tell you what it is. if you wanna know something similar, I recommend this book ( http://www.ballisticpublishing.com/books/dartiste/character_modeling_2/)

luigi_7105 : thank you, yeah the top row was suprised me. I’m glad that you got imagination from my art. hope that you make a good one with it.

Splicna : ha ha don’t be a monster! making a creature is great job for sure. you could make new life, no one can imagine before. thanks for the comment

SelWorks : thanks love bioware art ( no longer with me though )

gwainbarek : ha ha sound fun! hope that you have fun with it! 60hr play game might be enough for you! thanks for the comment

xndec : thanks for the comment , I don’t understand why you ask me about NaughtyDog guys, but I love Uncharted 2!

Freewaldo : thank for the comment, shale was hard time to finish it. cuz it has lot of upgrade and all the part is moving with toga, so I change the design little bit from original concept for the better animation. I’m so happy that he become most expensive creature among them. you can only play him with special edition!

Philip Vampire : thx for the comment, you might send your resume to this link
( http://www.bioware.com/bioware_info/jobs/edmonton_jobs/ ) wish that you find a good position.

mjolnir : thanks for the making a comment

really nice models, such an atmosphére !!!

great works ryan !

this game makes me cry with happyness it is so good:D

great models man! I like everything.

jaganar : yeap you’re right, he is the magical creature during the combat. he’s crystal make hime stronger. I’m glad that people like what I made thanks!

oh i also forgot to even clarify that "drow" (dark elf ) comment i made in page 3 was a female ;) 
( so it was :lol: combat :lol: meant for the bedroom )
hehehe so , yeah  im  a pervert :rage: :D :rage: