ZBrushCentral

Dragon Age : Art work by Ryan Lim

superb work on, always fun to look at your work, congratz on a job well done.

Top row material. Great work! Wonderful details.

Good luck with the game.

Such coolness!

Thank you so much for sharing. It’s always nice to see real production work presented here. You should be very proud of these! Amazing job!

I would love to see your process/pipeline from start to finish. What steps do you take to get this into the game? I know that’s a lot of work to show, but even if you told us a brief summary of your steps, that would be fantastic.

god that looks fun to make! u are livin the dream bro…and doing a damn good job of it!

You are an amazing artist… All of the work on your site is very well executed. The steam engine mech was one of the first posts that got me looking at this site a lot. You are a major inspiration. I just fought your rage demon in dragon age yesterday during the dream sequence. That’s awesome to see it posted today!

great images, these all look badass.

I like the lava monster. nice stuff.

cherub_rock : thx, you could jump on DA which had 60 hr play time game. you could play the shale as party member. it will be fun :slight_smile:
Tomala : ah, I forgot to update the lowmesh version, I will put some on it when I get back to home. thx for the comment
Santis : thx for the comment! i’m glad that you like my works!
loki_22 : thx, the dragon was the final boss on the game. so I spend most of time on him.
DAnconia : yeah, it was fun time working on the project but the engine is not suppost my asset as I expect, so I render my in-game model sepalately, I will post some low mesh soon.
RafaChizes : thx for the comment, when I saw the best qulity of game version is PC, but I believe that PS3 is good enough. I’m glad that you like my work.
andrei.szasz : I luv the high-dragon either, it was the biggest creature on the game which had the lots of Zbrush tech to make this creature. so I’m happy to see it in-game.
smeagol : thx for the comment, I will try to update more staff when I get back.
gpepper : thx! I use the Zbrush alot for the high detail mesh, it’s the best result all the time.
bLawless : thx! they made a great trailer for bioware, it’s really great! even if they might slightly different concept, I luv it.
Solidsnakexxx : thx! thx! thx!, enjoy the game as well!
ISK86 : ^-^ wow, it’s honor to hear thx!
wayniac : thx bro! I will try it harder next time!
kupo : thx, also my favorite is high Dragon!
fattkid : thx,!!
gelfiling status : thx, Dragon Age got longest play game time. it will be great if you can play winter vacation, I’ll plan to do same. watch out those creature!
jaganar : thx for the comment, I can’t answer your question because I didn’t design the concept for the shale, I got the 2D concept and finished it with 3D app. so I don’t know how they made the rune from.
KrakenCMT : thx for the comment!
aesis412 : thx!! I appriciate it.
Aberrant : thx for the comment! it’s to cheer me up
gtiber : finger crossed , but it’s none of my bussiness though
vancross : thx for the comment!!!
3Dtoons : I don’t think that I can show all of the pipeline cuz it’s not a personal work. but thank for the comment
sarakawa : it was fun! edmonton winter force me to finish the job done~!
DBriggs : i really appriciate your great comment, it’s honor to hear from player thx for comment!
Reedcsy : Badass! thx!!!
neversong2 : Thx!

Am I right that that’s a stone toga that Shale is wearing? Clever. :slight_smile:

amazing man, your dragon is simply superb

great XD just what we need people almost as talented as Him doing
:wink: “expressive nudity” :wink: in their art
dont give the rest of the pervs out there a reason to see Shale and a Drow in ahem combat :smiley: .

Ryan , even tho you didnt do the design , i like the way it comes off as. its telling me that when he enters combat basicly he is unstoppable because the magic is working .

Jag:D

[ Screen shot from 3Dmax ]

This must have been a great game to work on. I am definitely going to buy it.

Very nice work. I especially like the dragon!

Looking forward to see more of your art :+1:

These models are nicely made Ryan, wel done.

Wow awesome job, very inspirational.

mind if I ask how many days you were given to model/texture, say, the Shrik?

So awesome… When you modeled the rock golem did you make his knees and upper thigh areas skinnier to help with rigging? How long do you usually get to work on a creature? Were you allowed a higher polygon count for the dragon because he would be a boss fight? Sorry for so many questions I am just very interested. I am a student and it is always nice to get any advice possible from a professional.

-Dbriggs

Most recent thread:
http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread.php?t=76294&highlight=barbarian

Amazing Work!!
Loved the Dragon :+1:

I think I’ve found a new inspiration thanks to you :wink: