ZBrushCentral

DOOM 3 TRIBUTE / HOMAGE / REMASTER

Doom 3 is one of my favourite games. Some people love it, some people hate it…In my case I´ve got incondicional passion for this title. I really admire the amazing talent and work that industry artists such as Kenneth Scott , Seneca Menard , Kevin Cloud and Adrian Carmack did for this game. This is the reason why I decided to do this scene. In fact, I really wanted to do this project many years ago, but never had the time neither the energy… But finally, I did it!!

The location of this room is based on one of the first Maintenance Area of the game from Mars City. In terms of Environment Art, I really wanted to keep all my focus on the tipical high-tech industrial and grimy panels, wall sections, props and the overall and charismatic architecture/dark lighting from the Union Aerospace Corp. (UAC)

I added a lot of polygonal extrussions and played around with silhouettes and high-fidelity PBR shaders. I had the chance to experiment a lot with Normal Mapping and Parallax Occlusion Map . I used 3dsMax for base high-poly modelling and ZBrush for final detailing. For texturing, I did a basic texturing pass within Substance Painter and final polishing with Photoshop. The whole scene has been rendered with Marmoset 3 . I think that It worked pretty well. Hope you like it!

2 Likes

This is really cool! Doom 3 was very graphically impressive when it came out. I remember those corridors, and you’ve done a great job recreating them here.

Thanks m8!!