ZBrushCentral

Doodles (ZScript added Pg. 2,4,5+6)

Beautiful work, highest respects Bas.

You mentioned earlier:

“Sometimes I get the feeling I have to buy also more software to explore. The danger of it is loosing creativity.”

In terms of losing creativity with new software, maybe an analogy would be that you would be learning to play a new (musical) instrument.
You know the music, but until you know the new instrument completely, you wouldn’t be able to play freely and “without thinking”,
We can’t just give a flute to a child and say, “now play me a pretty song”. That takes time, of course, to learn.

Your feeling to need more software to explore, well that would depend on what you would like to use it for…
Seems the software you are using now is more than enough for the imagery you are creating. Very powerful.
If you wanted to animate, then yes you would need another soft too for now, and you could learn that.
But do you want to?
If yes… you could do it.
If no…well just keep jamming on your instrument! :slight_smile:

May every post be a great one Bas…

and congrats! (gefeliciteerd?)

and congrats! (gefeliciteerd?)
Yep! Thats the way Tjitske used to say things :wink:

Yainderidoo

thanks for z-script :sunglasses:

Cool posts Bas, well desrved top row… :+1: :+1: :+1:

Thanks for the kind reply. I was surprised to see the TR, because it was a realy fast doodle. It is fun to use 3d in combination with an expressive way of working. Almost everything is possible. ZBrush is like a big egg, keeping it warm something comes out.
joe_seig, maybe you are right about the instument. With the new update that guitar gets new strings to play with. But sometimes I miss the real 3d space to work with. In ZB it’s hard to setup a light with natural shadows. When I see the hairs at your Melanin dude or looking at nice sss-materials… I should like to see a ‘real 3d layer’ at the top of the 2.5D base with a list of objects where we could select an object to drop it in 2.5D or keep it with a displacementmap in the upper layer.

Hey hey Twin, at the end i can see again another Bas top row, my congrats, you are a great innovator of zb and thanks for all the wondnerfull scripts

Greetings my friend

PS: Great thread here, dude

I am really happy you are on the top Maz.Good work.

Final image of the birdlooking man I posted here:
http://www.zbrushcentral.com/zbc/showthread.php?p=239464#post239464
I hope you like it.

![winterbirdsmall.jpg|283x353](upload://l7ndxvwsuqd3CeWd7rLTS3MI3oM.jpeg)

Great Bas …nice feathering!! Love it!! *****

Here is another doodle after digging in the dusty holes of ZBrush. I had no intention to make a ‘Meats’ but playing with the SingleLayerBrush and the MorphTool I just found a better and faster way to make the wires. It is more easy now to play with alpha’s and other brushes in combination with this technic. Call it the MazurWireTechnic :lol: Also a script.

![EasyMeats.jpg|850x903](upload://LxlEAYl2U5uuAr8Ca7PheghuZn.jpeg)WireTechnic.zip (14.3 KB)

Ooo … cool discovery. It works really well. I’ll just post a tiny pic as this is your thread … thank you for sharing. This is easier than the original method … fewer steps and more control. :+1:

![01.jpg|448x474](upload://8wB79gEQpAapWoj6gm65vyXvR1J.jpeg)

Very kewl looking Bas:+1: :+1: :+1: I downloaded the script and will take a look in a bit…Your image looks like a cross between something from an Iron Maiden album cover and Leatherface from the Texas Chainsaw Massacre…very slick…

thnx for the script…
Ron
catfishmn@aol.com

ps. Something like this intigrating the 3d anaglyph technique might prove to make a very unique image…thnx

Glad you like it Moochie! Here is another doodle. I made some fast lines with ZAppLink in phs. After it I used the texture. What a programm is ZBrush!!!

![lines.jpg|850x833](upload://gWIOKWZXkLOYnPptVUlCxa4efKd.jpeg)

Hmmmmm interesting… There goes the evening…

Let me see what I can come up with :sunglasses:.

Super idea Bas !!! And thanks again for sharing!

Lemo

Lemonnado, just an evening… hahahaha
If you know how many time I spend to reach the dusty holes of ZBrush…, now I try to clean it up. Man what a programm!! I remember I made a full color production on a Mac SE (monochrome display), writing down the colors I used. It seems ages ago.
Ron, courious as you are, always you find the things to play with. Keep going friends!

lol Bas…yeppers…if I dont play then I dont have fun and then I dont learn…so if a=b and b=c then a=c =Fun

Question…I have ran this script about a dozen times now…works fine, but I dont understand after you make the morph target and it seems to suddenly swith to the Single Layer brush when you are applying the “paint”… then you hit the Create Difference Mesh…how do you switch to the Single layer brush and still remain in edit mode? I put show actions on and slowed it down to 96 but I am not understanding how you accomplished this… I am sorry, I know this is a simple thing…thnx in advance, Bas or anyone that can answer or direct me on what to do…
ron
catfishmn@aol.com

(kewl script though…and appreciated as is all of your help and works…)

i haven’t seen it yet Ron but my guess is he is in PM at that time? Which the actions don’t show up in scripts.

Yes, it is Projection Master. It does not show in a script.

Here I used my wire technic (see last script) on a 3d-plane. Made a polymesh and painted the feathers with the Decobrush (Z-sub).

![feathers2.jpg|850x672](upload://1JqjBjj8jYCcamblQaIPNTlekq9.jpeg)

Great feathers Bas!
You know zbrush so well, thanks for sharing so much info on how you do it.
Seems we learn more everytime you post, thanks for the clues!