ZBrushCentral

Doodles (ZScript added Pg. 2,4,5+6)

That birdman is great! :+1:

Very cool Baz, you have a great style and mood going here! Patton

@kyphur, here is a script how I did the feathers. For the illustration I used a scanned feather.
All others, thanks for the kind reply, I will post some more of this, I have to because I cannot stop :slight_smile:feathers.zip (162 KB)

Nice image. Bas I am loving these posts man. The color language you have going is awesome. That desaturated and somewhat antiqued look, I love it!

Scott

Bas I think your thread is now starting to become a museum of masterpiecesā€¦
doodles, he-hehā€¦ so can we see what a sketch looks like?) :+1:

cooooool art !!
you are a real artist, my friend ! I love the piece with the man with feathers on a head :wink: really cool art !
keep it up, a we want to see more and more of these masterpiece :+1: :+1:

Here is the head I was doodling with. When I finish it I post it in a new thread.

![birdman.jpg|636x460](upload://eQCXmVpSdnfbdKIhwZ0irZ7Q27C.jpeg)

'n Eigenwijs mennekeā€¦:+1:
Nice character.

Jeen(deridoo)

Wow, Bas! I stop paying attention to anything 3D for a while, turn back around, and you impress the living crap out of me with your awesome work.

I know people are gonna get sick of seeing me say this, but I feel imagination is lacking in the 3d world. Itā€™s work like yours thatā€™s inspiring me to better use my imagination. Hopefully your ideas can inspire others to use their imagination as well.

Great work!

ReplicA
Sometimes I get the feeling I have to buy also more software to explore. The danger of it is loosing creativity. Give me a pencil and a paper and I do the same things like I do with software. The border between being an artist and a tech always stay. But, Iā€™ve seen a lot of good traditional work from people who started with 3d, trying to learn how to use the software. Go on exploring 3d and find a way to use it. Do not use the expected results but push it in the direction the way you like it as an artist. Keep going for the best! The best work you can make is without thinking!

That rocks guy, thanks for the script. Thatā€™s really cool of you.

Love that last render too. Beautiful stuff man. Loving it all.

Canā€™t wait to see more!

pieces look great! what are you rendering in? the 3rd image you posted looks amazing!

Deity, the last image is a ZBrush render. I only pushed up the colors in Photoshop.
ZBrush does not work well with the colormanagment on my computer. Working in ZBrush the colors look bright and nice, but after import to photoshop they are gray and dull. I did nt find a button to choose the right colorprofile. Anyone??

looks great for a zbrush render, the photoshop. any chance I could still the lighting setup from ya if you still have it and the material if you used one? :wink:

Deity, that last render was just a standard lightning and the material was a sokar-skinmaterial a little changed anf fine tuned for my needs.

nothing in zbrush bas, but you can start photoshop without the color management on. photoshop definitely doesnā€™t like zbrush stuff with any colormanagement stuff I have tried to I just leave it off and only use em when I need em for something else.

Aminuts, mostly my work is printed and it needs colormanagement. It starts in the system with a monitorcalibration and is linked to all my programs. Also my scanner and printer are using a colorprofile. But I think you know about these things. I hope there will be an option in the new update to choose a profile. I tried to set it off, but the colors are as dull as before. Every program is using a kind of standard profile and I do not know wich one ZB is using. When using ZAppLink there is also a big difference between the colors. So when I import the ZB picture in PhS I should do it without colormanagement, after it I like to print it and I have to choose a profile to get the colors I see in my monitor, the colors are changing. The same as posting something here, I need a profile to avoid getting a reply like:ā€˜I like the picture but it was too dark and the sky was too greenā€™. grrrr.

Here is an update of the head. I used a ā€˜single-wrinkle-alphaā€™ to make the skin. This was not a quick doodle because it took some time to get the right lights. One pass-render in ZB. Only a curve-adjustment in Photoshop.

![vogelman2.ZBR.jpg|850x771](upload://64zbn7yWvPDjsjehAXjR3oyCPqt.jpeg)

Simply incredibleā€¦ Youā€™re really getting into the flow of 3d things. Dangā€¦ you raised the bar againā€¦
Great Work!
Lemo

Beautiful manā€¦ Itā€™s just impressing me more and more.

I did a search for the sokar skin shader on the forums and found some links. I downloaded the one from Dickieā€™s Imp but it looks all messed up in my viewport with a really blown out saturation. I am I just not using it right or are there some settings you have to tweak to get it to look right because I canā€™t even get the settings to work anywhere near what you guys have.

Rock on,