ZBrushCentral

Displacement map all black or pitch black from zbrush export

hi i have been trying to export zbrush displacement map for vray maya. but nothing changes in model after applying also the map created by zbrush is all black like pitc black k square can anyone please elp…
i have exported on 32 bit exr format with scale 1 and intensity 0.
i have been stuck at it for days to how t0 export a proper dislacement map

Hi @harsh_tandon ,

Keep in mind the displacement map represents the difference between the highest level of subdivision and the level of subdivision you are generating the map for. If there isn’t much of a difference, for instance if you were generating the map for a level of subdivision just below the highest level of subdivision, you may not be able to perceive any information in the resulting map with the naked eye.

In the case of a completely dark map, assuming your procedure is correct, I would suspect a problem with your midpoint value setting.

However, I have no idea what’s going on in your file or what the situation with your UVs is. There could be an error in your process, or with your UVs. I would try to just go through the basic manual process for creating a displacement map on a test mesh. Assuming you’re able to do that, then what is different about your other usage case? Perhaps you’re using MME and something is being set incorrectly, or there is an issue with problem mesh.

:slightly_smiling_face: