ZBrushCentral

Dinosaur Skin Texturing ZScript

that’s because you can’t rotate the alpha :wink:

You have to rotate the model instead, which is a pain.

Glad the zscript helped you.

yup, i didnt have a black background. it didnt show that in the script so i did do it either :stuck_out_tongue: oops! anyways, it works fantastic now. good stuff

I’ve loaded but I don’t now how to play it? help :frowning:

There should be a play button near the bottom of the screen. You may have to drag the bottom margin up to see it.

Thankyou 3DP,

Learnt so much from your tutorial, I was also confused regarding Texture Proj
But now I know it becomes clearer.

Cheers again MrMoe.

MrMoe,

You’re welcome. Glad you liked it.:slight_smile:

I am lost here on something.

How did you make the tool that was moved, scaled, and rotated to create the impressions for the wrinkles.

You drew a line pattern on the canvas, and then somehow picked it up as a tool. Later you were able to use that tool.

I can’t figure this out.

After he made the lines pattern on the canvas, he went in the alpha panel and clicked on “GrabDoc” that made it into an alpha texture.

From there you can go in projection master, pick the Drag Rect stroke tool, choose the new alpha texture you made. Click/drag it on your geometry then start moving, scaling, rotating like he did.

Great thanks. That is working for me now.

After watching the tutorial again I see that he never rotates the tool. Also I finally figured out what the snapshot camera is used for (slaps forehead).

Is there a way to enable the tool to be rotated? Seems kind of stupid to just move and scale.

such a long but informative tutorial! heres a leech that i made from what i learnt:
MR_SLEECH_by_zelas.jpg

about the 3rd finished model I’ve finished sofar in zbrush. hows it look?
edit by the way, its not meant to look like a real leach, no reference used, lol.

Hi!

That’s a great Zscript! Taught me loads.

Apologies if this is a really simple question, but I’m still new to Zbrush and thought it’d be a quick one for someone to answer, rather than me trawling back through all the learning material I’ve done.

When doing the first stage of sculpting, you seem to be drawing paint strokes, then massaging the harsh lines in to the model, in effect blurring/softening your strokes. I’m not sure if you’re using some keyboard shortcut to do this, as nothing in the interface changes when you start to do it!

I just wondered if someone could quickly tell me how to do this softening effect!

Smooth!!

S’Ok, I found it!

Great tutorial, Thank you. I’ve studied it and learned very much.

Yeh - Great tutorial / zscript. I started watching and realised how good it is. Takes you through a lot of texture and displacement alphas etc.

I found the best way to follow scripts like this is to switch on the &Notes button on the Zscript menu. Yes it does take longer, but you get to follow everything that’s happening (except Projection Master - atm).

Thanks loads for posting this and the faking SSS tut :smiley:

Glad people have gotten benefit from it. Make sure you use the ‘directional brush’ rather than the one I used in the tutorial. Makes it much easy to draw on the skin alphas as you can rotate them to more random angles.

sweet mother of pearl this is a long zscript :wink: had three people walk by and ask why i’m modelling an elephant wang.

thanks though. good to watch.

i was wondering about the displacement seen in the animation. i didn’t notice you store any kind of base or morph target at the start. just wondering what steps you took?

Hey, everybody gets caught modeling an elephant wang every now and then.

Animation?? I haven’t done any animation with it. Somebody else did some animation test with it though and posted it on these boards if that is what you have seen.

ok, my bad. just assumed it was your work.

thanks again anyways.

Great, great tutorial! I have just got one question (nothing to do with the tutorial actually). I have now seen the tutorial once, and I wan’t take a further look on something you did in the middle of the script. Is there a way to jump back, or do I have to see it from the beginning? Thank you very much.

-efish <><

As far as I know you cannot fastforward or rewind zscripts.