ZBrushCentral

Dinner time

:grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: **** dude evil good work!

Incredible work, :o
very good

simply awesome!

the amount of details is very good.
the closeups are eyecandy man.
Keep it up
:+1:

Thanks a lot everyone!!

Time for replies:
Hades: I agree with you that Brachio seems unemotional in that pic,I didn’t had that impression when friend and I were working on it,but it happens some times.
About the buffalo’s,when I stoumbled on that picture over the net,I just had an instance idea for that unreall combination of them and a Rex,I kept looking to see if I’ll find some good pic with bufallo’s running but I had no luck so I had to settle with this one I had.
Displaced:Well,the idea with the birds was to represent that the death is near,and to give that pic a bit obscurely feel.

And here are some screens from 3dsMax I promissed!

About the rigging,skinning,as I said I am using CAT toolkit(pic.1) for rigging and CGSkin for skinnig.I choped the mesh into pieces and linked them to the coresponding bone(pic.2),and used them for skinning.You can see muscles too(pic.3),some of them are used only for body deformation(no jiggling and contracting)

As for shading/lightning
I used two direct lights in a combination with GI and HDRi.Materials use Phong
shading because it displays bump maps verry good.And for reflection I painted in Zbrush one map for reflection and one map for reflection glossines,so the mouth,area around the eyes,belly… would have those wet,sharper reflections
and other parts more drier,glossy reflection.I also used fallof for reflection with fallof type set on Shadow/Light,so that parts that are in a shadow have more visible reflection.Also painted a map for sub-surface scattering(That skin between uper and lower jaw)

One simple thing I found to give good results,is that,since I used matte on the surface plane,I placed background in a texture slot for surface plane and
with cropping image enabled I selected part of background image(particulary the ground part) so when the light that bounces from the plane to an object
matches the ground of background image.There are proboably simpler and better ways for this but this worked nice for me.

![Clip_2.jpg|640x462](upload://cK6IJQUZ9KZ5fwwMOaHxIDWQ8HJ.jpeg)![Clip_3.jpg|640x464](upload://60D8SvpDTZdyGLrpR92rk02sy5R.jpeg)![A_rig.jpg|640x480](upload://sENnetApr0rORgc2ogVqRvOTFT1.jpeg)![B_skin.jpg|640x480](upload://xGbDGoNUUSYDSbmDHNDIHoVZcRd.jpeg)![C_mesh_delovi.jpg|640x480](upload://kLfKEQ8siFQf940htq7s2TnaTi.jpeg)![D_Misici.jpg|640x480](upload://uVYN4WdhZz1eb6h0kR62ViE8pJH.jpeg)

it is possible to simulate muscles under 3dsm???
I didn’t know!!! hey it is more than interesting!

WOW - :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

no words!!

Sandro

I can see that you remember how we looked. But you do not yet remember how we hunted. Let me tell you what I remember. We did not hunt in packs. We came together, only to challenge for mates. We were masters of the world, but dared not turn our backs on each other. So, for the most part we were solitary. We had two great weapons: our jaws and our feet. I remember tracking my meals, by the smell of their farts. I could move silently behind brush, and leap onto their backs. I would grab onto their shoulders with my front claws. They were small and out of the way, by design, but they were not weak! I would pull my chest and belly tight against my prey, and of course they ran off, hoping to shake me. When they turned right, I would bite down on the left of their neck. And when they turned left, I was quick enough to lift my head and bite down on their right. All the while my feet were clawing into the sides of their bellies and thighs. The kill was always quick. I can only recall four or five bites to the neck before their entrails would spill on the ground, or their thigh muscles would fail. I was proud of my skills. As my meal plowed into the earth, I would dismount and survey my handy work. I would choose large prey because I could not turn the carcass over, so only the top half of it was mine to eat. Others would feed after me, but I never saw them. I only saw that the bones were picked clean, in a day. And that I, as top predator, provided food for many. I have only two memories of defeat in all my lives as a T-Rex. One, when I was soundly thrashed at a mating challenge, and the other, when I failed to learn to scavenge, at the end of days. The world turned, none picked the bones of my prey. And hard as I tried, (even tossing it high into the air with my jaws) I could not get a carcass to stay, meat side up. And nosing into the rib cage to search for an uneaten leg was a bad idea. You will know when you have found my bones, as I have the ribs of another, sticking out of my sinus.
We owe a lot, to the kings that came before. Perhaps the pride I see in your skills, comes from the pride I once had, in mine.
Someone is pulling my chain… so now I must return, below deck.

Because the Allosaur, bit his own hands, in the frenzy of the kill, a new design, formed the hands of T-rex and left him, mostly, mouth. The Tyrannosaur, is still in us.

You have brought to light, things that the Jurassic Park Series, kept cloaked in darkness and deluge. If that was your goal then congratulations are in order, and I offer them, humbly. If, however, your dream was to set the world on it’s edge…and I believe that you can…then treat museum curators that joke about T-rex’s tiny brain, as the useless fossils, they are. At times, I’ve heard five, and sometimes, I’ve heard fifteen, but for the sake of MY tiny brain, let us settle for, ten. We use ten percent of our brains. It follows then, that if we could think efficiently, our brains could be one tenth, the size they are now and still,… we could rocket, to the moon, if we wished! We traveled from the Ice Age to the moon in less than fifteen thousand years. We are at the peak of our civilization. We are clever because our ancestors, were clever. We have binocular vision because Rex had it before us. I believe, that the tale of the T-rex will continue to fascinate us, because that lost part of us, forms the root of our being. But rather than describing a long line of champions and making tiny boxing gloves, I will try to show you instead, what he fought for and what it was, he sought.

She doesn’t need to act. She needs no artifice. She is the greatest of enigmas. All of nature’s mysteries are deeply engrained in her. She is sleek! And lightening, fast. A rex, could study her software until the world froze solid. Worth winning? She, was his next breath! As all great loves, must be.

We are very small monkeys on a very large planet, so it is only natural that we give the old Tyrant, a roar that rattles the windows at the airport and watch him lumber down every precious foot of runway before finally lifting off. But, maybe, we could be gracious, now that we hold the crown.

ROW WELL, and live.

Gotta love those dinosaurs for mass appeal :+1:

Great introduction. Thank you for posting and letting us view your work.

I’m curious about your choice of a reptilian skin for the T-Rex. I think it gives added depth to the work.

Blaine

Excellent post, forty-one, thanks for that insight.

ja_popov, really fantastic work.

Really awesome work, in all aspects, is there any chance of watching an animation of these guys??

You definitely add a new spin to the song…
…Oh give me a home …where the buffalo roam…

Great modeling and lighting…but could you explain the Max screen capture #4, is this mesh the same mesh as the screen capture #2 only with the pieces placed closely together or are you using this single mesh somehow with your rigging and your muscle system ?..
Thanks

Cool stuff!

Thanks for the compliments and critiques,all of you!:smiley: :smiley:

I’ll post a test animation of Trex later today.
vedanta: #4 screen is the final skinned mesh with muscles and skin is driven by the #2 screen mesh pieces instead of bones.

Nice modeling, I wish I was like you, ja_popov.

Well people,

here is the walk cycle.It is still a WIP(not happy with the toe animation),
but I want you to see it and to hear your impressions.My friend is working on a Brachiosaurus walk test so it will be posted soon also.

video file 1024x660-24fps Cinepak codec 20MB:
http://www.sharebigfile.com/file/154729/T-Rex-proba-avi.html

![za thumbnail.jpg|640x413](upload://aPhl7Vv7qnQdns7A2EQVzOQURFm.jpeg)!<!--[attach.jpg|100x76](upload://zWawilzyWRaDOumwB7HAGMN5m5R.jpeg)

Attachments

attach.jpg

Awesome!
Thanks for sharing! :slight_smile:

Just downloaded and watched the walk cycle…Amazing!!!

How long have you been working with 3d graphics? And how did you learn it?
I’m fairly new to it and I’m trying to self teach myself, is there anything you reccomend to someone new at it?

great work. i’m wondering, where are you from?
pz

p.s. forty-one i’m really surprised how english can sound.