ZBrushCentral

Did anyone else pay for the Maxon ZBrush subscription and get the 50% off?

I am just curious who all did pay for this because they needed to get the 50% off like I did? What did we actually pay for? I downloaded the MaxonOne app and there is nothing to install right now so didn’t I just pay for nothing? Since it was expiring on August 5th, I thought I needed to because it will be hard to afford the full price one for a family like mine. And I use it at work and need too for a living. But we didn’t really get anything, right? I mean, there is no announced NEW ZBrush. I just feel like all this did was make my YEAR subscription date that much sooner with no announcements for a new version. Right? Am I missing something? And I love ZBrush, dont get me wrong, just making sure I didnt miss something I should have gotten by PAYING for something I didnt really get?

Hi @GrizzlyJake

Did you first fill out this form to prove you are a current ZBrush perpetual license holder. You need to do that first. I didn’t go for the subscription, so I can’t really say what follows. The Maxon/ZBrush moderator doesn’t usually come to this forum until Tuesday but he can give you a more definitive answer. You can also contact Support if you need answers before that. Good luck!

Oh, yeah I bought it for the 50% off and did download the Maxon One app that gives you the installer. My question is just that I didnt GAIN anything at this time since I already OWN ZBrush by paying for the subscription. It is still the same ZBrush version NO NEW version to download. I could have waited til a new version came out BUT then I would have paid the 100% for it AND there is NO talk of when that could happen, I just didnt understand why that offer ended when I REALLY did NOT get anything in return at this time other then the hint that I was missing out on a savings. Just seems odd, I wish there would have been an announcement with it maybe saying when a new version might roll out. I really paid Maxon and started my year subscription AUGUST 2022 and am really getting nothing in return right now is all I am saying. Just curious if anyone that did the same felt the same way.

Hi @GrizzlyJake , you may want to check with the support team if you can get a refund in case you don’t want to move to subscription based model.

Maxon could have done a much better job at timing their ‘special offer’. I feel that they should have waited until they announced a new release and then give existing users an opportunity to get 50% off on a subscription.
You took a blind leap of faith, which is brave, but left you with many unanswered questions.
And note that after 8 months, we still don’t know if there will also be a paid upgrade for a perpetual license and how much that would cost…

Since I expect that only very few customers took them up on their offer, I expect that they may repeat their 50% off deal (or a bit less for fear of souring early adopters like yourself) later this year when perhaps they do announce a new release.

It is of course Maxon’s good right to decide how they market their products. But their approach does feel like a cold shower after so many years of dealing with Pixologic.

1 Like

Still no idea of when Maxon will roll out a new version? Bought the subscription in August, 1 year sub, 4 months ago, watched the summit a couple weeks ago and not really any word about a release date? Or is everyone over on a MAXON forum someplace to get the most up to date information? Just curious…