ZBrushCentral

Delete Hidden button on my custom UI is sometimes non functional

I have a custom UI where I have duplicated the delete hidden button and the split hidden buttons, Some times when I have hidden an object on a subtool, these buttons that I have duplicated on my custom UI are greyed out or non functional, but if I go to the Tool palette where the original buttons are in the zbrush UI they are not grey out and are functioning. Why are my copies of these buttons not working?

Thanks

Hi @Zolly
did you try to remove the copy of the delete hidden button save the custom UI store it again, restart ZBrush then enable customize then add the delete hidden button again, save the UI then store the config. then restart ZBrush again and test if you can reproduce the issue.

About the delete hidden button, I haven’t been able to reproduce, (make the button greyed out) or the button is available because the selected tool is a Polymesh 3D or it just not available, like when you have a primitive tool that is not a polymesh3d.
I had tested different thing but in vain and if you can provide a bit more context that would help.
What are you doing when the button appears as greyed out ?

In last resort, you can also download and install the diagnostic tool, and report the issue to the support center. Start a new conversation then join the archived file produced with the diagnostic tools.

Hope it helps,
Nicolas

Hi Nicolas, Thanks for the reply! In general maybe It has been the split hidden button that has been greyed out but I thought it was also happening with the delete hidden.

When I notice the condition I did try to remove the button then put back a new one and it works properly, but then at some point the issue reoccurs again.

I have recently been having a lot of "sorry an unrecoverable error has occurred " crashes after installing 2021.

I have been looking at all the possibilities for this with no luck, clean reinstall, rebuilt my custom UI. Now I am trying a very simple modified UI instead of my highly modified UI. Maybe my UI was to large? I do have 16gb of ram, so I am wondering about it?

Hello @Zolly.

If you’re having problems with a custom UI that was created in an earlier version of ZBrush, please discard this UI and recreate it in the current version.

If you’re having crashes or any other technical issues with ZBrush that discarding the problem UI does not solve, please contact Pixologic Support. We can’t help you over the community Usage Questions forums.

Thank you!