ZBrushCentral

Darukin's Sketchbook

Great work! :+1:
love the faceā€¦any chance of sharing a polyframed version?

Very sharp! I like the exaggerated silhouette and ornamental accents on everything.

NICE work!!
He really pops off the screen.:+1:

Your stuff is crazy, especially for being 18.

How did you render the troll? It looks almost like an illustration.

Well done, great translation:+1:

The latest is cominā€™ along niiiiice! :+1: !

Thank you all for your great comments, much appreciated!

The troll was painted in Photoshop, using different passes from Zbrush of different matcaps etc.

Cheers!

Still tweaking this guy

[[attach=175998]thumb.jpg[/attach]]![thumb.jpg|108x78](upload://kAZQ3bLlmCTekStMcciXqjJ3tgK.jpeg)

[[attach=176017]BloodElf_Progress_Extra_Large.jpg[/attach]]BloodElf_Progress_Extra_Large.jpg

Attachments

BloodElf_Progress_Shot.jpg

Character with no top

[tmpDoc2.jpg]

The armor is looking great and with the right textures this could get a really
nice highpoly wow look.
The face needs to get a proper expression.
Right now it looks like 3 different smirks done with move at a too high subd
level or a low with the high poly levels already in place.
Try to sculpt a nice looking expression.
A screaming one could fit nice and support the overall dynamic in battle pose.
Maybe you could think up something supporting the grip of the weapon
right now its looking a little weak and long there and doesnt quite match the
overall bulkyness of the gear hes wearing.
Anyhow great work :):+1:

nicely exaggerated shapes. Also got that decorative element that an elf would have in that world.

I like the armor pieces very much. I think the cloth from his waist to his knees looks too thick, some work in the folds/wrinkles could give it a more elegant and natural feel.

I agree with DiscoStu about the facial expression; I think it needs to be tweaked, but I would keep that kind of smirky and arrogant expression that I assume you were aiming for.

I think it is a pretty solid character. Just needs a few small finishing touches.

Keep us posted! :slight_smile:

Hi and thanks for replies to the both of you, Disco Stu and Beneto, I will try to fix everything u mentioned, is appreciated thx =)

Just an SSS test render in mental ray Maya

Iā€™m going for cartoony / fantasy style anyhow.

Eyes are just placeholders, and this is not fully textured yet.

A little too much back scattering going on I think, but your stuff is crazy. Especially for you being so young. I gotta get crackin. :lol:

Hi and thanks KillahPriest, yeah I fixed the backscatter, it took me ages to figure out the problem, turned out this algorithm scale setting was set too low, at less than 10 when it shouldā€™ve been over 100 to get a real sss effect.

Why does Maya have to be so?! :wink:

Iā€™m just going through maya tutorials to try and get things right, itā€™s too complicated and never comes out as you wish lol, I guess CG is a combination of art and lots of engineering.

Thanks again!

Hi, I fixed the technical issue with the SSS finally.

[tmpSSStest2.jpg]

This is a lot better now that you got the scale issue fixed. Looking forward to seeing more.

Hey Aberrant thanks!

More Progress

By no means is this final, and also the rendering of the head bugged out a bit for some reason and made weird artefacts on face which I smoothed in photoshop thats why it looks wierd. Either way will fix soon hopefully, but hereā€™s progress till now.

This work takes forever, sometimes I wonder why I bother lol

[progress_Shot_thumb.jpg]progress_Shot.jpg

Looking great! No critsā€¦canā€™t wait to see it done!

Great works and sketchbookā€¦Inspiringā€¦:+1:
Really like the gold and reds color combinations in the armor on this last postā€¦an eye catcher for sureā€¦:+1:

Hey thanks guys, hereā€™s one more

Trying to just finish this guy already

[progress_Shot2.jpg]