ZBrushCentral

Daniel Peteuil - Things I've Made

D o m i - Thanks! I made planes in zbrush and sent them to keyshot with bridge and applied a neutral light material to them. Those were essentially my lights, I think I turned my hdri down to 0 or close to it. Then just moved them around until I was somewhat happy. I’ll post an image below that shows the setup a little bit.

RintyAlam - thanks! though which pirate character are you referring to?

DrBo42 - Thanks! I always welcome critiques, though for this head I did double check placements a few times and was confident with how facial landmarks aligned to the reference. I think maybe the lighting and shadows around the eyelids make it seem different.

Anyway, here is a glimpse at how my lighting was setup.

lights.jpg

how you can capture small details in the output yield in keyshot? … my shots are with the resolution so low and what material you use? … great work one of the best I’ve seen here in central zbrush

Yeah, I recognized him right away from the gallery thumbnail. Very nice work.

Work in progress of my own version of Ciri. I’ve been working on it as I play through The Witcher 3 (still not finished). Lots of things I still want to work on, particularly redoing the skin detail. I was going to wait to finish it before posting, but since I might not have time for a bit I thought I’d post to see if anyone had any feedback or ideas.

dynamesh> zremesher

daniel_peteuil_CIRI_wip2.jpg

To me it seems very real and beautifully crafted, I really like it, especially the feel of her scar and eyes (full of life).
If I have to be meticulous, in my opinion, the pores on cheeks are too big they could recall acne and the neck area seems flat (maybe is the lighting, don’t know). I also have the feeling that the eyes are too high, maybe because the forehead seems short or maybe is the nose too long, or maybe are eyes nose and mouth together a little too big in comparison with the head, it’s only a feel, I cannot tell what exactly is (the hair can deceive), is highlighted when seen from distance.
But those are only opinions, and I can definitely be wrong, beside that, It’s awesome! congrats!

beautiful

DanieleColombo - Thanks! Yeah, the pores are temporary. I’m going to redo them later and try out some new ideas. I haven’t done much work on the neck yet, so it would make sense to feel a bit flat. The forehead may be a bit short now that you mention it, though I have some pretty low hairlines. I’ll look at that when I work on her again though. Thanks for the input!

Jhon_Erick - Thanks!

its shaping up great :+1: beautiful…I am guessing you already have plans to do changes but in my opinion some little changes you could do is make eyelashes bit bigger * “big, bold and beautiful a sign of femininity” and R eyebrow starting shape is bit lower not following the base base supraorbital ridge and also may be add some more bulge in the eyebags just a lit bit more.

I love her, can’t wait to see it after the changes, I love her as it is though :wink:

:lol:

She’s got a really nice feel so far. Good work.

Great work Daniel! Lovely models and I really like your keyshot lighting setup and information.

nice work daniel :):+1:

Amazing work, particularly that Richard Harrow

Thanks guys!

So, I started this at last years Zbrush summit for Scott Eaton’s workshop “Sculpting the Figure in Motion”. Very informative for the few hours we had. His bodies in motion photos are great to study, so I decided to keep working on this. There is plenty to work on, but at this point I think it’s best to move on and do other things. Crits and comments welcome. sculpted in zbrush, rendered in keyshot.

lev_2.jpg

lev_5.jpg

lev_4.jpg

lev_3.jpg

lev_6.jpg

lev_7.jpg

Attachments

lev_2.jpg

lev_3.jpg

lev_4.jpg

lev_5.jpg

lev_7.jpg