ZBrushCentral

dandan's junkyard

Very inspiring. Stupendous job.

superb work. Thanks for the inspiration. Its art like this that keeps me motivated to get better. What type of rendering did you use?

Wow, such impressive skills, your eye for the detail it’s jaw dropping. congrats on the top row :wink:

mind…blew…

The Samurai’s are ****ing amazing. I’ve never seen so many flawless works on the first page of a thread before.

Very cool work and great details! top row :+1:small_orange_diamond:D
Regards, Suresh

that is amazing, outstanding all the way!

These are masterful! Hands down!

Not of this world what a incredible work, Topppppppppppp:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:
gr. Silberdenar

wow… so many comments. I just got up and to say the least I’m a bit stunned by seeing such an amazing response. Its hard to describe how I feel now - thank you all for you kind words :).

BlackMath, aurfax, carlobarley, ThrashBrush, EdBrillant - i’ve done all rendering in maya, with mental ray, basicly i used a very similar rendersetup like in the gnomon dvd made by Ryan Kingslien. I don’t seem to find it at gnomon now for some reason. I try to look out for it, and after work i screenshot my typical render settings. :slight_smile:

kevphil - the eyelashes are modeled in maya. But seeing all those great zbrush hair examples here I’m sure it can be done inside of zbrush.

dpeteuil - I’m so glad you recognized her :slight_smile: I’m a became HUGE fan of 19th-early 20th century sculpture ( mainly after Mr. Baker mentioning Malvina Hoffman and other inspirations here on the forum). Charles Cordier’s African Venus was the main reference for the young woman I made.

Thank you all again for your amazing comments, it really feels great to get all this encouragement. :smiley:

extremely sick works, very unique and very natural, the smiling samurai is a pure chill to me, i guess it was a pure fun to do them :p:lol:

Mind Blowing!!! Some of the best facial work i’ve ever seen! Brilliant!

Your skills are amazing.:+1:

Beautiful work!! :+1:

absolutely great stuff :+1: . congrats

Holy cow, now this is some great stuff over here, life like even. Now why don’t I see this every day, so I can smile a lot, you made my day with these:). Well deserved top row. Hope you’ll do more of this wonderful stuff! Good luck in the future and all the best!

Oh my, I not only love the characters, but the way you rendered them gives them such justice. Absolutely great job, well deserved top row!:+1:

Astonishing sculpts. awe inspiring talent.

really good work :+1:

A friend of mine just sent me this. I’m at work now. Amazing. I’m only just starting with 3D Modelling. This has blown my mind. Love the Samurai. And I love the poses. It’s like they’re telling a story. How the hell did you create them? Is it all reference material (faces, poses) or do you improvise?

Staggering. They really are brilliant.