ZBrushCentral

dAnconia's Sketchpad

[BV1.jpg]sv1.jpg

Attachments

FV1.jpg

Thats great its gunna be a great scene when done.I really like it.Only thing buggin me is the tail on ya great looking ride…The tail needs too be longer…Other than that I will definatley keep an eye on this one :).

Thanks Delta!! I am super excited about it as well. About to go to bed. Gonna try to pose him up a bit tonight before i crash.

hi daconia your front and backview look much better! good progress, the side
though lacks forms i can see that even in your half profile here is a guide from andrew loomis figure draw i recommend you getting that book it really helps alot! maybe get some tiles on the tail again but in a different style just play arround till you get something that looks good :slight_smile:

p.s has a nice frazetta feel to it

Attachments

loomis_FIGURE_draw.jpg

Good start, the hands and feet on your male character seem a bit small.

Huhn- That is the best compliment I have ever gotten on my art! That is exactly what I am going for. Thanks. I cant wait to do what Frazetta does, creates directly from his mind!! Thanks for the reference images as well. I have 2 anatomy books and they are the only reason ive been able to get this far hahaha. Im going to watch Scott Eatons instructional video again here on ZB. I know its really gonna help me again.

Flack- Yeah, you are completely right. I am going to finish up the hands tonight. I wont put in any detail until all the fingers are posed.

List for today:

Finish Male Pose
Finish Female T Pose (Oh Yeah!!)
Base Mesh for Flying Reptiles
Cliff Sketch
Bow and Arrow Base Mesh

Cant wait to get all this done today!!

Really appreciate all your help.

the rider hands are too small , and thin.
how coul dhe ever rid such a beast with them?

although nice sculp

If there was only one book you could have it would need to be anything by Burne Hogarth.
Amazon - Dynamic Figure Drawings

Another is Glen Vilppu. My anatomy teacher was taught and is friends with him so I was taught to draw like him.

Amazon - Vilppu Drawing Manual

Two of the best books I could ever recomend.

I was trying to find some images ether online or anything I did that I have online… cause I’m at work right now. But I really couldn’t find anything good. Maybe later I’ll post somthing but for now. I would say treat the rib cage and the pelivis as two different solids. That will create more form in the anatomy. Women have this more because of thier busts and wide hips.

Dang… I’ll see if I can post somthing later… good luck. Hope this helps.

Well i was replacing my window ac unit and unplugged my computer without saving. so i had to start from the beginning AGAIN. It went by so smoothly! :smiley: Came out much better than the first sculpt.

Thanks everyone for the anatomy critques.

Mr. Guy i have that book. right now im using Human Anatomy for the Artist by Feher

Check it out!!!
[BV1.jpg]FV1.jpg

I JUST GOT HIRED TO A MULTIMEDIA HOUSE!!! 2 months of part time work and then i quit my day job to do what i have always wanted to do, ART ART ART ART!!!

They will be training me to be the Art Director since im good with talking to people and i come from a slaes background. i will also be doing a whole lot of ZBing as well. I stipulated that!!

Thanks for everyones crits and comments on this thread and the others i have. I showed them what i can do with Zbrush. Since this is my third scene to make and it being my sixth character to sculpt and ive only been in the CG realm for a total of 5 mths and ive learned PS, AI, Maya and ZB, they were impressed.

They also play a lot of metal and im sure my 2 CDs that i made of my music got me in the door as well haha!!

All i can say is if you want to be in the Art Business then walk and talk like you already have it. Believe that you already have the job. Know that you will find someone to get you in the door. Have faith!

The entire universe is made out of the same energy. From plastic to plants to humans to animals. We are all created from the same energy. So when you put your energy of wanting to get into the CG arena out into the Universe, then it will come back to you. Its a law of the universe that energy attracts the same energy whether it be good or bad.

Ill definitely keep everyone posted on how my new dream job kicks ass!!

Here are some updates. Let me know what you think!!!

Still have to finish posing him and texturing the dino and a few form changes.

C and C is welcome!

[Comp1.jpg]Comp3.jpg

Attachments

Comp2.jpg

I think you could work on the forms of the dragon/lizard beast’s face more. The poses seem fine it’s just the lack of form that’s bugging me.

Teyon- I completely agree with you. That face is getting a serious reworking. I might even resculpt the entire beast. Im trying to go for a half iguana half hognose viper look. Ill get it done.

Should have a WIP on the woman posted later tonight. In t pose ofcouse.

Thanks again Teyon

I agree with teyon about not having form but it’s not just in the face its everywhere. You should’ve devolped the form more before you posed it like i said in an earlier post. You should try taking your time with projects so you can have something more impressive in the end unless you want them to have a very, VERY fast look to them which is cool i guess.

cheers

Hey Digital.

Appreciate the comment. I am going to start over on the dino. Try redoing the base mesh as well. There is too much to fix to go over it in the pose it is in right now. What i have discovered is that i can pose it in the layers tab and then turn it off to go back to the t pose. Which i will do.

I understand what you are saying about finishing most to all of the anatomy in the t pose and then move it. Makes complete sense. So ill start over and see how good it comes out.

Ill post the wip of the woman i have tonight.

Started the dino mesh all over again. Wasnt satisfied with it at all. Really focused on the forms of the beast before moving on. Im only at the 2nd Divisional level but im posting the 4th level. So still have a lot to do.

Havent had much time to work on it with my internship, but i am doing my best.

Friend from my internship and i are doing an animation and we are in the conceptual stage of development. Will post some of those drawings later this week and see which one does the best.

C and C is cool wif me!!
[2V copy.jpg]

Everything is looking pretty good with this one, I only have two critiques.

Firstly, the calf doesn’t really have much shape to it, a greater bulge and some definition for the soleus and gastrocnemius would help.

Also, the hind legs don’t really feel balanced. It looks like they’re angled diagonally and he’s trying to balance on the tips of his toes. I’d either flatten out his whole foot or at least the toes if you want to create a more agile look.

you have the most common problem that most new users have. you subdivided way too quickly. you have to build your forms up slowly in lower levels or everything gets very blobby

Good start. Agree with the above comments. And the other thing - dont use really fancy shaders while sculpting. When I sculpt I constantly change them.

Hey thanks for the comments.

Twitch: Yeah those back legs are the big problem for me. I am going to go home and apply a light coloured material on it, take it down to one of the lowest subdivisional level, toss it into photoshop and paint over and try to figure how i want the legs to look

RK: I hear you on that one. I learned that lesson on the last dino lol. But i wont get anywhere unless a make a mistake and move on. im still on the lowest sub d level. i just posted this pic at a higher sub d level for sh!ts and giggles.

vlad: i usually sculpt with the standard red clay. I only throw on fancy shaders for WIP critiques. What shaders do you usually cycle through?

Thanks again for all the comments. I really appreciate it.