ZBrushCentral

Dajjal

I see you mentioned a place where you buy the alphas, but your not sure about being able to post the direct link, if you could IM me the url I’m sure that would be okay. also that’s awesome that your parents check the forum and tell you to check it! what rad parents! :smiley:

any way keep up the good work, it’s looking fantastic! oh and grats on getting into pixologics turntable gallery! :smiley:

Hello everyone

sammeh thank you :wink: i ve allready posted the link here you go once again: stockgraphicdesigns dot com

pajarony i can definitely do a tutorial let me know what you de be interested to see how i made and i ll do it x x

Kevinob87, KingCarter, Phosforced thank you so much you guys

Rudeapple i m kinda doing high fantasy. I m definitely inspired by renaissance and steampunk though. I try to think of it as a retro-future look.

just a small update i ve made all the bits and pieces for the arms

i ve started doing hips and legs now but i m going really slow unfortunately i dont have a lot of free time :confused:

Great Job Dude!!:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1: I love the design!! the design remember me Voldo from Soul Calibure.
Can wait for next part!!

Definitely hard surface modeling and texturing. Yours material and texture are amazing!! Love to see and learn how it’s done.

Oh your killing me, just super tiny work, love them all.

freshblackline oooooh voldo, i m really flattered, i always had a thing for that character. Also i saw what you re working on and i love it. great job. and i love the style.

pajarony i m on it. as soon as i m done with this or maybe while i m doing it i ll upload my workflow and how i made what i made. the most important fact about my workflow is as soon as i sit on my computer to work, i start playing the same song on loop, like, forever.

freewaldo thank you, i m killing you softly i hope riiiiight?

mealea whazuuuup. I love what you ve been working on lately x.
I d love to do movies! My goal for the next two years is to make a character for a film. Like monsters for hellboy 3. Hope it ll happen. I d love to do a short film on my own but i dont really animate. I try to focus on modeling texturing and some fx for now.
Keith Thompson who has made the original concepts doesnt know anything about it. He might like it,or maybe he might not be happy with the result so i m not ready to show him. I do mention his name one gazillion times though, because he has inspired me so much.

an update on where i am so far. I m not posting any materials or textures i d rather show the actual shapes for now.

i ve been working on legs. Just wanted to say that apart from the exoskeleton i m also doing stuff that are kinda visible from some angles. for the hands for example every finger was connected with a mechanism to the wrist. The reason i m doing that is because the body is not completely sealed and some stuff are exposed so i think its cool to see small mechanisms below a smooth metallic cover. Also i cant hide it i love adding details and besides i always try to practice my skills with new parts.
One of my worries about this model when i first saw the concept was the round decoration on the thingh. It was a challenge making the same symmetrical pattern. to work on more than one completely random pieces. It was a bit tricky but i m happy on how it turned out eventually.

i ve also made some adjustments on proportions and stuff like that. so here s the silhouette so far.

how did you get the curvature map for texturing?
I’m trying to find a way to create a curvature map, but I can’t.
How did you texturing your models?
Thank you.

Your choice of material is very good.

thanks jerick

pajarony i m guessing you re talking about the red paint scratched surfaces. i get that effect by using a trishader. the first shader is a dark matalic material with high difference between bright and dark areas. the second shader is a very shiny metal, like a chrome surface.
( both are matcaps i ve created myself by manipulating photos. the first was a photo of an old sterling silver statue. the second was from a picture of a small chrome ball, the one you find in a whiskey bottle to control the flow)
the third shader, i created following this tutorial, this guy has done a really good job. i just combine them all together and by changing the values of cavity ambient and dffuse i get different results.

hope this helps.

Attachments

1.jpg

Thank you very much!!I’m still a newbie here at the forum.Appreciate for sharing.

a piece of advice: never overwrite your files while working

excellent work;)

I’m really loving this one. Great seeing it coming together. You’re doing a fantastic job on it. I love the lines, curves, flow and bevels on the larger, thicker brushed metal parts.

Ezra

thank you guys. I wish I had a bit more free time to finish it faster, because I have sth new in mind and I want to focus on that one now. here s a small update

and ezra the bevels is something that I did completely by accident by playing with settings and stuff, then I saw it, I kinda liked it so I really went for it.
and in case anybody is interested it is really easy to do, and here s how:

tut.jpg

Thanks for the tutorial, and the beauty of the machines, are true works of art

Yes, thanks so much for showing us how that was done. Much appreciated.

Ezra

This is the reason why I love this site. Great tutorial Dajjal, very informative.:+1:

This thing is seriously blowing my mind, and that tutorial is splendid!
I cant wait to see this when its done.

THX FOR THE TUT!
Excellent work with your model