ZBrushCentral

Custom macro not appearing in macro palette

Good afternoon,

Thanks for reading my post. I am posting because I was hoping that someone could help me with an issue regarding custom macros. The issue at hand is that, they essentially don’t work. Or, at least, they are not showing up in the macro palette.

I am running ZBrush 2019.1.2 and I am trying to create a macro that will prevent volume loss upon subdividing. I watched a video on LinkedIn Learning that went through the process. I followed the process of creating the macro step-by-step. Upon ending the macro, I saved the .txt file and a .PSD file was created as well. ZBrush DID NOT create a .zsc file for some odd reason. I went through the process many times (thinking that maybe I did something wrong) and at one point I even just copied the .txt file and changed the extension to .zsc. No luck.

Finally I just decided to spend a few bucks and purchase a premade macro that does the same thing. The zip file contained a .txt, .PSD, and .zsc file. So, I thought that I was in luck. I placed all three files here:

Pixologic\ZBrush 2019\ZStartup\Macros\Misc

Still no luck.

Would anyone happen to have any idea why my custom macro is not showing up in the macros palette?

I would appreciate any help with this.

Macro text below:

//ZBRUSH MACRO - Recorded in ZBrush version 2019

[IButton,???,“Press to run this macro. Macros can be aborted by pressing the ëescí key.”,

[IShowActions,0]

[IConfig,2019]

[IPress,Tool:Morph Target:DelMT]

[IPress,Tool:Morph Target:StoreMT]

[IPress,Tool:Geometry:Divide]

[IPress,Tool:Geometry:Lower Res]

[IPress,Tool:Morph Target:Switch]

[IPress,Tool:Geometry:Higher Res]

]

Thanks,

Hi,

I can’t see anything wrong with this, and if I save it to my Macros folder it works just fine.

Note that ZBrush will only create the ZSC file when you press Macro>Reload all Macros or when you restart ZBrush.

What file name did you give the file? That might be causing the problem. If you edit a macro, make sure you use a simple text editor like Notepad, as the file should be plain text only.

Also, you can load the macro directly by pressing the Load button in the ZScript palette and selecting the file. If you press ‘H’ on the keyboard and drag up the handle at the bottom of the UI you’ll see the ZScript window. This will show if there are errors in the macro zscript.

HTH,
Marcus