ZBrushCentral

Custom curve brush not welding on the first and last point

As the title says, im trying to create a tube and i have the modifiers ‘’ weld points ‘’ and ‘‘stretch’’ turned on. but for some reason the first and last welding points wont work. What am i doing wrong here ?

thanks in advance!

Couple things Ill throw out here. Without access to your brush I can only make some guesses.

1. Try increasing max bend angle and or overlap.

2. A repeating tube with a couple end caps might work better as a tri part brush.

3. This video with Joseph Drust shows that IMM brushes on a curve often need some thickness to weld properly (I can’t tell what the nature of your repeating element is from the screenshot).

I also recommend keeping your tube as low poly as possible. It can always be subdivided after creation to smooth out, but if you keep it low poly it would be a simple matter to use Zmodeler to stitch up any gaps if you just want to fix them and move on, assuming that those gaps really are the only places the tube isnt welding. As you can see from the video, sometimes it might not be welding in places that aren’t immediately apparent.

[Edit] Sorry can’t post consecutive replies on the forums now for some reason.

For what it’s worth, I just constructed a tube IM curve brush out this vaguely similar segment, and didn’t encounter any welding issues.

curvtube

The only difference I can see would be in the construction of the segment, and the fact that I’m working as low poly as possible to start. So maybe look to those areas.

Good luck!

1 Like

once again, thank you soooo much for your effort!

much much much appreciated!

Edit: By the way i found the issue, it was the curve res that needed to be increased.