ZBrushCentral

Cursed Dragon

Hello people!
Here’s something I’ve worked on for the Lord of the Print june release, the Cursed Dragon and its rider!

You can check out the full project on Artstation as well: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/nYXVmX

Everything was fully modeled and posed in Zbrush, and the final renders were done in Keyshot. Overall it was a really fun project to work on and I’m really happy with how it turned out with all the dragon’s body curves. Hope you’ll like it and have a great day!

This dragon was part of a duel base, fighting another dragon that was made by my friend Gintautas Jankus, so as a bonus, here are some shots of it:

And to conclude, I had a little fun reframing the initial shot to fit it in a golden ratio curve, so here it is haha

26 Likes

this looks amazing ! love the composition and the way you kept the footprint small with such a beast while keeping the flow !

2 Likes

This is truly impressive. I couldn’t tell what it was from the reduced size picture on the Wall but when I clicked to actually look at the topic – WOW. You’ve done a great job, yourself. And the combined projects flow together perfectly as well.

1 Like

@Erem_Celikoglu @aurick Thanks, really appreciate it!

We actually created 2 separate bases for the combined project with the 2 dragons, and one for the “solo” dragons which is basically the combined base but cut and then cleaned a bit :grin:

both versions look awesome ! but gotta admit i dig the solo version more :smiley: great job man definetly saving this for inspiration

1 Like

@aurick Hey man, sorry to bother you but I had a question. I made a 16:9 image of the dragon and wanted to add it to the thread, do you think it will mess up the layout of the post or the staff pick (thanks btw!)?

Not at all. Just reply to the topic and add any new images. Because it has been featured you won’t be able to edit the initial post or its thumbnail image. If you would like your new image to be the one used on the Wall, just let me know after you’ve posted and I’ll make that change for you. Of course, keep in mind that all Wall images are portrait orientation rather than landscape. :slight_smile:

Ah gotcha. Oh well, not a big deal it was just to avoid the head being cut by the sides but it’s not too bad. Thanks anyway!

woww great model! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks a lot, glad you liked it! I was definitely a fun one to work on!

Great sculpt! Love the combined collaboration piece too!! :sunglasses: :+1: :star2: :star2: :star2: :star2: :star2:!!

Amazing!

I just picked up an Anycubic Mono X and couldn’t resist. This is the first major project that I’m printing with it. (Why go small, right? LOL) Good lord, this thing’s going to be huge! Even with the big build size of my machine allowing me to combine parts into one print run, it’s still going to take 17 total runs and around 110 hours to print the whole scene.

Totally worth it, though. The details are just exquisite. You’ve really outdone yourself. The white resin doesn’t show them off to full effect but I can already tell that once assembled and primed it’s going to be a show stopper.