ZBrushCentral

creatures and schtuff

Awesome new pics! :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: !

thanks all! well, i havent had this much energy after work in a long while…might as well take advantage by busting out another
sketchdoodle. modeled in zb, rendered in modo just like the otehr character…

![theboxer_1.jpg|630x732](upload://1iyGmBr3pKy0qZooV6USkz2hAUT.jpeg)

here’s a better render of my face mask model. different lighting and
materials to show off the character of the face better. added some
skin color in pshop just for kicks:

![deathmaskFeb26.jpg|813x695](upload://hIxwwkB4QlwKflDsDzIYaKvzuQj.jpeg)

They have Gio on Zbrushcentral now?

I had no idea…Im really enjoying to the new work.

Fantastic work gio, the boxer’s form is great. He looks very strong and dynamic, even though he is in a neutral pose, which is a credit to your skills. You have taught me alot when it comes to anatomy reading about your approach on other forums.

Man i have been waiting for the availability of your dvd from freedom of teach for what feels like a lifetime…at least over a year…any word on when it may possibly be released???

Anyways great to see you posting again.

as always dude … you lock the basic shape perfectly and then add detail with all the shape respect … in a real artistic way … ( i learn so much when i see your stuff .

never stop .

phat.

Wow, the Boxer looks awesome!! Great details and form :+1: :sunglasses: :+1:

Again, awesome updates-craftsmanship! :+1:

Awesome work Gio !

zicarious: thank you!

ben: i’m really happy that you get a sense of dynamism from him. i always find it tricky trying to give someone who’s just standing (without contraposto or anything) some weight. glad you think he’s dynamic! :slight_smile:

as for the freedom of teach (which is now anatomy tools.com btw…they
changed their name) dvd, it will come eventually. it takes a long time since the dvd we want to do is pretty dense with information…tricky doing that with a full-time job heheh. well, hopefully it comes out soon. sorry if you were waiting for it. :slight_smile:

phat: thanks man. i appreciate it a lot. also, thanks for those zb materials…again, they’re making my z models look better since it gives it some contrast.

spimmy: thank you!

Etcher: i like the word “craftsmanship”…thats something i hope for in my works. thanks!

lucky: merci!

very impressive last image - sure you just havent cast some guys face ? :laughing:

Skin has a lot of feel …delicate and very subtle …great work :D:+1:

Really nice, the last image shows the forms off very well, i like the proportion control as well as the subtle changes form hard undersurfaces to soft fleshy surfaces. great work with a soft touch.

Great inspiring work. Keep it up.

thank you for the kind words :)…been working at some more quick studies.
here’s an old post apocalyptic character i had in mind. figured i’d try to quickly flesh him out in 3d:

postapocman.1.jpgZBC_THUMB.jpg

Love your work Gio! :+1:
Are these all rendered in modo?

i’m a fan :+1:

thanks roger and euge :slight_smile:

here are two images i worked on tonight. one is the old man model, but having some wrinkle fun. the other is an orc-ish creature i was messing around with.

![orcNew_1.jpg|1100x792](upload://93SPy5421e1LxRawcECdOw11NCy.jpeg)![wrinklefun_1.jpg|1100x822](upload://lMp7VVTflOWsmzVzZMDd3sLVxI3.jpeg)

Attachments

As always great stuff Gio ,great inspiration see you work

Alex Oliver

nice work gio, spot on gestures and character designs

the last works remind me of the work of jamie Salmon and the orcish guy remind me of Mr wink in Hellboy 2,very inspiring as always:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1: