ZBrushCentral

Creature Modeling- "Crossed Paths"

WTF ? Why isnt this in top row ? Looks cool to me :]

Wow impressive work man! The high res image has such great details. Very inspirational.

I do NOT understand the criteria 4 toprow here…strange:confused:

abyssis: I totally agree man…I think top row is rigged. Sometimes you’ll see things that blow your mind…and they jsut get lost in the forum blackhole. Then you’ll seee stuff that you’re like 'what the–??!" on top row. I don’t get it. I think there should be top row voting.
but who am i to say?

black-null: your top row in my book…damn the man!

-tiktok

heh, that’s it:cool:

I agree %100 with you guys, as well I would like to have a definition of top row on this forum. Maybe it should be redefined such as work in progress pictures and final image high res… Top row on this forum is getting a reference it just should be given away just like that.

Mathieu

Does it really matter who gets top row? Seriously. Is it envy that drives you for a criteria? Belief your work is better? What?

Come on people, let it go. Cool images get posted up, becasue they are advertising for Zbrush. If people think it should go up, then it does. No jury, no judge, just a nomination and a decision by the moderator that, ‘Yeah that’s cool.’.

Do you have to agree or disagree with the choices? Is any of this going to alter history, sink continents, wipe out all life?

I’ve never had anything up on top, never posted anything that I’ve really put effort into to be reviewed. Been aware and using Zbrush since it’s inception and a former business partner was asked to write an article on Zbrush. I’ve used Zbrush on features, tv shows and in lots of development, and I really don’t think it makes me better or worse for not being on the top row.

I see people’s work I like, work I don’t, work that I know took skill, work that is someone’s idea of wow, but not mine.

Darn nice to know we’re not all clones of each other. :wink:

I guess the only thing is that people have to accept that top row is based on subjective appreciation. I have nothing against that, juts that I dont get the meaning of stars. Whatever, I agree with the last post, if you like it, enjoy it, what difference it makes if its accepted and appreciated by others too?

jason:
just starting stuff…Not serious…
:stuck_out_tongue:

-tiktok

hahaha tiktok

well toprow and stars and even what is allowed on bottom row will alway remain a point of controversy. I, myself will respect the moderator’s decisions…whether I agree or not. Top row for sure because it definitely is their forum and they do need to make money ya know…we are getting another free update…a brilliant program…I begrudge them nothing in what they put up top.

the stars…well, I agree a forum definition on that should be defined along with a…you post a star…you post a reason kind of thing. Other than that…that is the user base thing and if more folks are into demons than landcapes…well that’s the way it is. Learn or know that…don’t expect em, do a half happy dance if ya do.

anything else, i would also defer to the moderators, this program has such a diverse population they can’t possibly police with any kind of guidelines or an minute by minute update of material that might be deemed inappropriate by a single person or the masses. They do the best they can, I respect that and hope others do as well.

so in keeping with this thread theme…crossed paths…

may we all cross paths with kindness, understanding, humility, and foregiveness and continue to enjoy our common love…zbrush.

hey balck null, i have been following this on Tweak, its awsome and :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: , top row material!!!

…I remember a post suggesting how to post 1:1
something like this. (i can’t find the tread…but it’s here somewhere!)

:+1: :+1: :+1: I liked it because <reason A,B,C>
:red_circle: too many subdivision levels used. :stuck_out_tongue:
:warning: A good Mesh is an Elitist All Quad Mesh.

ect.

Hi guys, sorry for taking so long to reply, I didn’t think the thread would come up again, thanks for everybody’s interest! I’m still very green in zbrush and I’m working on a character that will have more zbrush work done, and hopefully learn a bunch of cool stuff in the process. Regarding the “top row” discussions, sharing my work with you guys and learning from other people’s work in this community is really what attracts me.:wink: The reason I posted was to start being more active in the zbrush community since i really want to learn more about it. Thanks for everybody’s comments and see you guys around for some new zbrush adventures!:smiley:

PierreB

Well guys, I could not resist to try and improve this image, so I did a new background and reworked the feel of the image.
Hope you guys like it :smiley:

You can check out a higher res image here: high resolution

oolox_medium_res_still.jpg

Holy cow, what a fantastic image, i miss this thread, top row material, congrats mate

congrats! really inspiring. :slight_smile:

greets
froyd

Thats one fine looking image you’ve done! Nice work indeed.

Wayne…

Well, with all modesty, and simplicity, I would say…

IT JUST KICKASS…

5 stars for sure:+1:

:eek: not on the top raw?
Damned efficient images:cool:
Pilou

Ps Bouchon is a name of traditional little restaurants in Lyon :wink:
It’s also that close a bottle of champagne :lol:
and an afectuous name in slangy language :smiley:

I still like it!
Patton